WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I love the subtle and even patina on this watch, Paul. Beauty!!

My Speedmaster is from 2015. It'll be interesting to see how it ages over the next 20-25 years

René
Rene, it will no doubt acquire its fair share of scuffs and mini dings but unfortunately the luminova markers on the dial will probably remain pristine white. You’ll have to create your own patina ;))
Paul.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Rene, it will no doubt acquire its fair share of scuffs and mini dings but unfortunately the luminova markers on the dial will probably remain pristine white. You’ll have to create your own patina ;))
Paul.
Yeah, I know there's not much chance of the lume developing that creamy patina, but every watch has it's own way of aging.

Take a dial for instance. Some black or dark grey dials have aged to a brownish colour which we now know as a tropical dial.

That's why I'm interested in seeing what, if anything, happens to the Speedmasters from 2015. We'll only know as it starts aging.

René

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Reactions: Muddy250

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Magnificent shot, Chris!! You're very talented.

René
Thanks you René, been trying something new out today. Attempts to get softer light than usual. Quite difficult to do as it turns out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thanks you René, been trying something new out today. Attempts to get softer light than usual. Quite difficult to do as it turns out!

I actually noticed something was different right away, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now that you mention it, softer lighting is definitely what I'm seeing. Well done.

It's one thing to have all the proper equipment to compose good photographs, but it's creativity and vision that has to play the biggest part. And that's where I'm lacking, because you can't teach that. I can recognize a good photograph, but composing one is a different story altogether. I have to just do the best I can with what I have.

Keep on experimenting, and sharing your efforts here.

René

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I actually noticed something was different right away, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now that you mention it, softer lighting is definitely what I'm seeing. Well done.

It's one thing to have all the proper equipment to compose good photographs, but it's creativity and vision that has to play the biggest part. And that's where I'm lacking, because you can't teach that. I can recognize a good photograph, but composing one is a different story altogether. I have to just do the best I can with what I have.

Keep on experimenting, and sharing your efforts here.

René
Thanks again!
Everyone has some creativity and vision. Take inspiration from others, attempting to recreate shots is a very good way to learn. Before you know it you'll have your own identifiable style. It's a strange thing to think you can tell someone's work just at a glance but it just develops as you go.
This style however, is a total departure for me.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thanks again!
Everyone has some creativity and vision. Take inspiration from others, attempting to recreate shots is a very good way to learn. Before you know it you'll have your own identifiable style. It's a strange thing to think you can tell someone's work just at a glance but it just develops as you go.

View attachment 15538958
Another nice shot, Chris...and that whisky looks enticing.

Thank you for the advice and the encouragement. I'm going to work on it.👍

René

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
20201109_090825.jpg

René

·
Registered
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks again!

View attachment 15538958
Fabulous Chris, that pic made me put my Trilogy SM300 back on the bracelet within 5 minutes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Great thread! Below are a few Omega pocket shots I’ve taken since I began using my DSLR. Setting up the tripod and locking focus is a royal PITA but the remote phone app makes life a little easier. Messing around with the reflections and angles can get you some interesting results once you upload them in the computer.

Good god those are gorgeous

161 - 180 of 213 Posts