WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 7651 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I can play this game!

I think it speaks volumes for the quality of this watch that guy with such a stellar collection as BenL would even bother to keep one. Outstanding!

·
6,972 Posts
I no longer own a Sumo, but I sill have the photo's :-d

Super blue AR sapphire|>

Sumo's killer lume!!!

I just like this one :)

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

;-)

Michael

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can play this game!

I think it speaks volumes for the quality of this watch that guy with such a stellar collection as BenL would even bother to keep one. Outstanding!
Great photo, and thanks for playing, bro. Hard to tell from the photo - is yours blue or black?

:thanks for your kind words. I think that a nice watch is a nice watch, period. At any price range. I really enjoy the watch. :-!

How long have you had yours?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Here's mine

i need to ask this as i am very close to plonking down for one.... why are so many sumos flipped??

especially puzzling to me as there is extra effort in sourcing them being a jdm watch and ive nary seen a bad word said of them yet so many are sold soon after purchase

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: Here's mine

i need to ask this as i am very close to plonking down for one.... why are so many sumos flipped??

especially puzzling to me as there is extra effort in sourcing them being a jdm watch and ive nary seen a bad word said of them yet so many are sold soon
after purchase
Pretty popular watch. Number of flips relative to number of them out there. I doubt any higher or less than other models, you just see more of it because there are more of them.

There's always going to be some people that buy one for the first time and then decide for whatever reason it's not for them, but that doesn't mean there's some big secret, singular reason why they get flipped...

·
6,972 Posts
Great stuff, Shannon! Any chance of re-acquiring it? :)
:thanks for the kind words BenL.

The Sumo is a fine watch except IMHO the 20mm lug width should have been 22mm or 24 mm. Also I like wearing my divers on rubber and the gap between strap and case was the deal breaker for me.

So to answer your question, no I will not be re-acquiring a Sumo.

Cheers,
Shannon

·
Registered
838 Posts
Flipped? nah...

especially puzzling to me as there is extra effort in sourcing them being a jdm watch and ive nary seen a bad word said of them yet so many are sold soon after purchase
Some people will flip, its normal, like any other watch. I got mine over a year ago and its still in the house. If you like it, don't hesitate. Its a great watch,
It one of those that make the spirit and craftsmanship of Seiko at its best:-!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anybody got any pics of the orange faced Sumo on rubber strap?

What's the deal with the "rubber strap gap" I've read about? Is that a big deal?

thanks

brad

1 - 20 of 7651 Posts