WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

12141 - 12160 of 12290 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts

I am convinced now, that anybody who hates or disrespects this watch is either a not true watch fan, or just ignorant.

The Tuna has exceeded my expectations. Wears super comfortably and the dependable and easy going quartz makes me so much complacent that I am starting to question some of the watches in my collections. Rubber band is nice and soft. Getting it too tight leaves love bites from the watch lol.

Will chime in again after my initial craze subdues a bit and I stop looking at it every 2 seconds.

PS: And no. 0 misalignments.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Congratulations @Aspirin-san and I know that feeling you described. I used to scoff at tunas myself when I was still fooling around with SKXes, Sumos, MM300s and the like. But then I took the plunge and got an SBBN017 - long story short now I mostly have only tunas and have already gotten rid of all the aforementioned models. I'd even go so far to say that the tuna is the actual Seiko Diver icon - nobody else has ever made anything like it, or at least no one else ever took a similar approach to dive watch design.

But that under-appreciation does have a positive side to it, namely the prices for almost all of the tuna models are near constant, except the understandably expensive 6159-7010 and SBDX005. Seiko themselves seem to understand this which is why all the newer ones are now sold for way more than what the older ones (up to the SBBN037; the SBBN040 was probably the first one to really get jacked) used to go for.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
But then I took the plunge and got an SBBN017 - long story short now I mostly have only tunas and have already gotten rid of all the aforementioned
Yes, I think I am about to experience the same epiphany. This watch really gets under your skin easy. I am about to sell my SKX011J today, didn't even think twice. Now my auto Baby Tuna is next on the chopping block.

But that under-appreciation does have a positive side to it, namely the prices for almost all of the tuna models are near constant, except the understandably expensive 6159-7010 and SBDX005. Seiko themselves seem to understand this which is why all the newer ones are now sold for way more than what the older ones (up to the SBBN037; the SBBN040 was probably the first one to really get jacked) used to go for.
Again, correct observation. The "freebie" period is over. My Tuna's gen were probably the last affordable of this series. The new ones seem appropriately priced.
Even though this will be a desk diver, what most people miss is a depth rating, ISO certification, etc are testament to the durability and dependability of said watch.

So yes. I want my divers to be divers.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
GTR, It looks like you hit the perfect color match with the lower dial lettering....:)

View attachment 15446967
Haha thanks AFX! It was unintentional, I swear. I only noticed how well everything matched after I finished applying some edits to the photo.

Edit: that's a great shot too!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Archangel FX

·
Registered
153 Posts
View attachment 15445553 View attachment 15445554 View attachment 15445555

I am convinced now, that anybody who hates or disrespects this watch is either a not true watch fan, or just ignorant.

The Tuna has exceeded my expectations. Wears super comfortably and the dependable and easy going quartz makes me so much complacent that I am starting to question some of the watches in my collections. Rubber band is nice and soft. Getting it too tight leaves love bites from the watch lol.

Will chime in again after my initial craze subdues a bit and I stop looking at it every 2 seconds.

PS: And no. 0 misalignments.
Congrats on finally getting it! Looks like we are both going through the honeymoon phase at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just ordered a B&R Aquavent band in red to try on my SBBN033. Basically a knockoff Oysterflex. Saw it from this video. Hopefully it wears well!

12141 - 12160 of 12290 Posts