WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

12161 - 12180 of 12290 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just ordered a B&R Aquavent band in red to try on my SBBN033. Basically a knockoff Oysterflex. Saw it from this video. Hopefully it wears well!

IMO the best rubber strap for tuna is Zuludiver/Bonetto flat vent style rubber. Personally, I prefer it even over Isofrane on my Tunas :)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
IMO the best rubber strap for tuna is Zuludiver/Bonetto flat vent style rubber. Personally, I prefer it even over Isofrane on my Tunas :)

View attachment 15448985

Those are great - the only reason I got the Uncle's instead is because the Uncle flat vent comes in a short version (even the standard version is shorter than OEM Seiko straps).

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts

View attachment 15448985

I have seen a lot of people recommend these!

What makes them so good? My first opinion seeing them is they’re not that different from the stock silicone that comes on the tuna. Why do you like them and what is the material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those are great - the only reason I got the Uncle's instead is because the Uncle flat vent comes in a short version (even the standard version is shorter than OEM Seiko straps).

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
This is another option I’ve considered. Mainly because I have tiny wrists (6.5”) and the stock strap’s tail sticks way out

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have seen a lot of people recommend these!

What makes them so good? My first opinion seeing them is they’re not that different from the stock silicone that comes on the tuna. Why do you like them and what is the material?

I bought the red one for my 033, for me it was just to "plasticy". Even my girlfriend that don't care about my watches commented that it looked like plastic. I would recommend Uncle seiko, like GTR83.

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
Been away from Seiko for a while, for one reason or another that I will not go into here and actually flipped all my collection....yes, I currently own no Seiko!

I felt an emptiness in my soul, and started lurking again, intrigued by the new Tuna, particularly the Blue Emperor.....the Emps have always called to me, and I still have fond memories of my (gone now) Golden Emperor.....

I’ve watched videos, read reviews, seen all the pics I can of the new blue and you know what? I just don’t like that hand set!
.....no offence to owners, it just not for me!

So I have a beautiful SBBN025 Darth inbound, new hand set and all (hated by many, not by me!), to bring me back into the fold!

pics when she lands!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm this |_| close to pulling the trigger on a SBBN042, Violet Tuna. Man is that thing nice. Don't know how I missed this one but it wasn't even on my radar until this AM. Any reason to not pick up this beauty??!

Nice looking watch; love the shroud. But WHY is it $3200?

12161 - 12180 of 12290 Posts