WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

12181 - 12200 of 12227 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I mentioned this beforehand, but I notice the hour hand on my SBBN033 lags behind the minute when exactly on the hour. It lines up perfectly with the hour once the minute hand has hit around 7 minutes.

I know most say “it’s not a big deal don’t stress it!” But am curious if this is a thing across the board with 300M tunas with the 7c46. Or if anyone has tried correcting this on their own watch. I’ve heard you can only physically reset a handset onto a movement so many times.

I’ve also looked at the 7c46 manual and it does say when setting the time, set it a few minutes PAST the desired time and then dial it back to the exact minute. I thought this method would correct the hour hand lag and I’ve tried it a few times but my hour hand is still off a few millimeters.

Again I’m not going to run off to a watchmaker and disassemble the whole watch or anything crazy I still LOVE this sbbn033.

Just wondering what others think about this or if anyone has fixed it or found a workaround?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I mentioned this beforehand, but I notice the hour hand on my SBBN033 lags behind the minute when exactly on the hour. It lines up perfectly with the hour once the minute hand has hit around 7 minutes.

I know most say “it’s not a big deal don’t stress it!” But am curious if this is a thing across the board with 300M tunas with the 7c46. Or if anyone has tried correcting this on their own watch. I’ve heard you can only physically reset a handset onto a movement so many times.

I’ve also looked at the 7c46 manual and it does say when setting the time, set it a few minutes PAST the desired time and then dial it back to the exact minute. I thought this method would correct the hour hand lag and I’ve tried it a few times but my hour hand is still off a few millimeters.

Again I’m not going to run off to a watchmaker and disassemble the whole watch or anything crazy I still LOVE this sbbn033.

Just wondering what others think about this or if anyone has fixed it or found a workaround?
Can you post a picture showing all the hands aligned at the 12? Are you saying that when the hr is at 12 sharp you cant align the minute to 12 sharp, but instead only to 12:07?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can you post a picture showing all the hands aligned at the 12? Are you saying that when the hr is at 12 sharp you cant align the minute to 12 sharp, but instead only to 12:07?

Here’s an example from this morning. I know it’s not exact but hopefully you can see what I mean. When the minute strikes the 12:00, the hour hand is not exactly on the hour. The hour hand lines up exactly around 5 minutes past.

Edit: This holds true for every hour from what I’ve seen. It’s don’t think it’s a matter of setting it incorrectly as I’ve reset the time multiple times to see if that was the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,840 Posts
I'm this |_| close to pulling the trigger on a SBBN042, Violet Tuna. Man is that thing nice. Don't know how I missed this one but it wasn't even on my radar until this AM. Any reason to not pick up this beauty??!

Had one...emphasis on “had”......much as I like the Darth, the Violet ocean is just hard to match straps to.....hence it has left my fold, and a stock Darth should be with me in a few days....

Reactions: jpisare and GTR83

·
Registered
423 Posts

Here’s an example from this morning. I know it’s not exact but hopefully you can see what I mean. When the minute strikes the 12:00, the hour hand is not exactly on the hour. The hour hand lines up exactly around 5 minutes past.

Edit: This holds true for every hour from what I’ve seen. It’s don’t think it’s a matter of setting it incorrectly as I’ve reset the time multiple times to see if that was the case.

Thats ocd mate lol 99.99% of all watches are like this.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Here is a possible solution. A few minutes before noon, you should reset it but here is how. Let the second hand approach the 12 and pull the crown exactly at 12 to stop it at the zero second mark. Then align hr and min hands at 12 sharp. Next back the min hand to the 55 and then slowly advance it to 12. This removes the slop in the wheels (gears) so they mesh tightly. Finally, exactly as 12 sharp occurs press the crown in to start the watch. This is because normally when a watchmaker installs the hands they install all of them aligned at the 12 marker.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here is a possible solution. A few minutes before noon, you should reset it but here is how. Let the second hand approach the 12 and pull the crown exactly at 12 to stop it at the zero second mark. Then align hr and min hands at 12 sharp. Next back the min hand to the 55 and then slowly advance it to 12. This removes the slop in the wheels (gears) so they mesh tightly. Finally, exactly as 12 sharp occurs press the crown in to start the watch. This is because normally when a watchmaker installs the hands they install all of them aligned at the 12 marker.
Thank you that makes sense I’m definitely going to try it at noon tomorrow!!!

12181 - 12200 of 12227 Posts