WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

13841 - 13860 of 14030 Posts

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,349 Posts
Recently received the Uncle Seiko tattoo strap and think it’s neat but I fear I chose the wrong size for my Darth Tuna lol

It’s the short strap version and I think it’s a little too small compared to the watch head. I shoulda got the long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
These pics are awesome! My favorite thread on the Seiko forum for sure.

Q: For those of you with 1000m Tunas, is it a PITA to send your watch off for a battery change every five years? Do any of you guys do the change yourself? I'm tempted to get one but am not sure about having to fool with that. Thanks!
I have done it 5 times on three different original Golden Tunas. Once the shroud and bezel is removed, I used a good case back tool to remove the crystal retainer ring. The most difficult part was removing the crystal...a small good suction cup worked -while the stem was pulled. It’s risky to try to pry the crystal out. Drop the chapter ring out, and the stem release button is near the 2 position. With the stem out, the movement will drop out. A movement holder is best to use while removing the battery. DONT LOOSE THE TINY BATTERY SCREW!

Piece of cake :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have done it 5 times on three different original Golden Tunas. Once the shroud and bezel is removed, I used a good case back tool to remove the crystal retainer ring. The most difficult part was removing the crystal...a small good suction cup worked -while the stem was pulled. It’s risky to try to pry the crystal out. Drop the chapter ring out, and the stem release button is near the 2 position. With the stem out, the movement will drop out. A movement holder is best to use while removing the battery. DONT LOOSE THE TINY BATTERY SCREW!

Wow, and I thought it would be hard

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

With my butterfingers I’m bound to destroy my watch. I really do have to get my Darth Tuna’s battery replaced. The etching on the case back indicates it should’ve been replaced late 2019. I’ve had mine since 2013, I think.

The battery is still going strong without any low battery indicator. That goes to show that Seiko tends to be on the conservative side with the battery for some of their watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
These pics are awesome! My favorite thread on the Seiko forum for sure.

Q: For those of you with 1000m Tunas, is it a PITA to send your watch off for a battery change every five years? Do any of you guys do the change yourself? I'm tempted to get one but am not sure about having to fool with that. Thanks!
I use this tool to open the Tunas 1000m, to remove the crystal, a suction cup and a movement support for the replacement of the battery.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
That's amazing that you guys can service your Tunas. It looks doable actually. Do you also ensure that it's water resistant by changing the gaskets?

Reactions: Lepdiggums
13841 - 13860 of 14030 Posts