WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
14601 - 14620 of 14686 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Emperor (SLA042/SBDX038) arrived today. I got a Darth (SBBN025) last year, but eventually got the itch to have the 8L35 movement. So the Darth had to go to make room. I was a little concerned about the increased size, but knew I still had a bit of room on my wrist. This is a big watch, but it's not so big a jump if you're already used to the Darth. I kind of miss the blacked-out look, but I think this rose(ish) gold will grow on me. So far so good.

View attachment 15994762
Well, it turned out that the rose gold didn't really grow on me. I loved everything else about it, but the gold was just a bit too much for me. I can happily say that this is much more my style.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Measuring instrument

·
Registered
630 Posts
Any thoughts on the best strap for rocking a tuna? I just picked up a new 049 and I'm considering a Uncle Seiko flat vent but thought it best to solicit advice from the professionals before pulling the trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Any thoughts on the best strap for rocking a tuna? I just picked up a new 049 and I'm considering a Uncle Seiko flat vent but thought it best to solicit advice from the professionals before pulling the trigger.
I also have a SBBN 049 w/bracelet and have tried several other rubber straps including an Isofrane but my favorite is the Uncle Seiko flat vent.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I have been using the flat vent silicon strap that comes on the Seiko Solar Arnie. I robbed my Seiko SNJ025 of its strap (I put that watch on an Uncle Seiko Velcro strap) this is a very comfortable strap that resembles the original Tuna flat vented straps of the past. I had the Uncle Seiko flat vent strap when i had my SBBN033 and it was a nice strap. You cannot go wrong with it

14601 - 14620 of 14686 Posts