WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
14621 - 14640 of 14686 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Uncle seiko flat vent is thinner and more pliable. I think It's nice for a skx or 6309 turtle size case but too small and flimsy for bigger watches like the new turtles and the tunas. DAL1BP is stiffer but once molded to the wrist very comfortable and keeps a bigger watch from flopping around on the wrist.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Isn't the SEIKO DAL1BP the same thing as that flat vent?
It is the current Seiko flat vent offering AFAIK. They do also do some other modern versions, but the DAL is closest to the original Seiko GL831 I believe. The Uncle Seiko is a replica of the GL offered in two sizes for those of us with smaller wrists. I think there are more adjustment holes and it’s a softer compound. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Uncle seiko flat vent is thinner and more pliable. I think It's nice for a skx or 6309 turtle size case but too small and flimsy for bigger watches like the new turtles and the tunas. DAL1BP is stiffer but once molded to the wrist very comfortable and keeps a bigger watch from flopping around on the wrist.
Got to say, for me, my SBBN045 is held fine by the US GL.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I greatly appreciate the strap suggestions. I’m definitely going to pull the trigger on an Uncle Seiko flat vent and maybe a Seiko silicone waffle. I’m starting to enjoy the bracelet a bit more as I continue to wear it. In any event it’s a damn good watch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is the current Seiko flat vent offering AFAIK. They do also do some other modern versions, but the DAL is closest to the original Seiko GL831 I believe. The Uncle Seiko is a replica of the GL offered in two sizes for those of us with smaller wrists. I think there are more adjustment holes and it’s a softer compound. Highly recommended!
Yes. The DAL1BP seems to be the best current Seiko flat vent for this style. I have them on two of my 7548’s. It is slightly thinner (2.56mm vs 2.65mm) when compared to the GL831. That was my crude measurement with some Mitutoyo calipers. From memory, it sure does seem like the GL831’s were more supple than what we can get from Seiko currently. Another thing I noticed was the buckle is slightly rounded on the corners of the GL831. DAL1BP is on the left side of the photos:

Rectangle Font Auto part Metal Fashion accessory

Rectangle Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Font

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes. The DAL1BP seems to be the best current Seiko flat vent for this style. I have them on two of my 7548’s. It is slightly thinner (2.56mm vs 2.65mm) when compared to the GL831. That was my crude measurement with some Mitutoyo calipers. From memory, it sure does seem like the GL831’s were more supple than what we can get from Seiko currently. Another thing I noticed was the buckle is slightly rounded on the corners of the GL831. DAL1BP is on the left side of the photos:

View attachment 16169989
View attachment 16169991
Wow nice comparison (y) Always wondered how the current seiko straps compare to the original gl831 but never found anything online. Is the length same on both pieces of the strap compared to dal1bp?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Any thoughts on the best strap for rocking a tuna? I just picked up a new 049 and I'm considering a Uncle Seiko flat vent but thought it best to solicit advice from the professionals before pulling the trigger.
I always seem to gravitate towards single pass Zulu straps. Virtually never wear out, super secure, comfortable and light too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow nice comparison (y) Always wondered how the current seiko straps compare to the original gl831 but never found anything online. Is the length same on both pieces of the strap compared to dal1bp?
@janzamon

I just compared the two straps. I was surprised because I thought they would be similar. The GL831 is actually shorter than the DAL1BP on both sides. It is roughly 5mm shorter on the buckle side and 7mm shorter on the other.

14621 - 14640 of 14686 Posts