WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
14641 - 14660 of 14686 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
@janzamon

I just compared the two straps. I was surprised because I thought they would be similar. The GL831 is actually shorter than the DAL1BP on both sides. It is roughly 5mm shorter on the buckle side and 7mm shorter on the other.
Suprising indeed. That is nice info, thanks! 🍻

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Suprising indeed. That is nice info, thanks! 🍻
I often mix n match the DAL1BP with an Uncle Seiko 831 to get the perfect fit. The DAL1BP is just too long for most wrists san wetsuit, and the Uncle offers his 22mm in short or regular lengths - both of which are shorter than the DAL1BP. The Uncle is also more supple and less matt than the 1BP, so the combination possibilities are many, depending on your preferences. The Uncle's buckles are also less squared on edges than Seiko's and have a slightly shorter "throw"as well, plus he doesn't use drilled-out holes for easier removal of buckle spring bar, which the 1BP does.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I often mix n match the DAL1BP with an Uncle Seiko 831 to get the perfect fit. The DAL1BP is just too long for most wrists san wetsuit, and the Uncle offers his 22mm in short or regular lengths - both of which are shorter than the DAL1BP. The Uncle is also more supple and less matt than the 1BP, so the combination possibilities are many, depending on your preferences. The Uncle's buckles are also less squared on edges than Seiko's and have a slightly shorter "throw"as well, plus he doesn't use drilled-out holes for easier removal of buckle spring bar, which the 1BP does.
I have a couple uncle seiko gl831's and bunch of DAL1BP's. I think it would feel too weird to mix and match because they feel totally different. I myself prefer DAL1BP and get a very comfortable fit. I do wish the DAL1BP was a little shorter.

I don't know if people are confused about the comparison me and -CUJO- were discussing, comparing the original seiko gl831 and the current seiko dal1bp flat vent offerings. Not the uncle seiko gl831.

·
Registered
468 Posts
its kind of neat how the handsets on these are starting to fade to a different shade. My 007 looks the same!
It’s an analog for our mortal lives, we fade and change but hopefully keep ticking. I can only hope my life mimics my SBBN025 (battery going 30% longer than expected so far!). Just back from the beach collecting drift wood and shells with my daughter

·
Registered
630 Posts
Beautiful watch. Really wish mine had the kanji day wheel. You have six links in the back and four in the front on that bracelet, same as me. I had it 5/5 at first but it was all wonky, more links at the 12 o'clock side is definitely the way to go with these bracelets.
Thank you, Sir! Gotta have the Kanji day wheel!!

I'm liking it more with every passing day. This is my first of this new 300m variety and I'm loving the upgrades/dial layout/hand set. Like everyone, I'd love to remove the X on the dial and bring back the old bracelet, but at the end of the day it's still a fantastic watch and much improved over the previous version. This one may stick with me for awhile... famous last words.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Does anyone definitively know if the new Darth (SBBN047) really did grown 1mm in thickness from the outgoing SBBN025? Hard to believe that's the case. I don't know what updates would cause this size increase, unless Seiko just felt the Darth was just a bit too small!!

14641 - 14660 of 14686 Posts