WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
14681 - 14700 of 14864 Posts

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
1,463 Posts
My first Tuna and I as much as I love it I'm now thinking about flipping towards a SBBN043 or 045. Has anyone owned both to comment on how they wear? Looking at specs it appears the 043/045 are the same case size but about 2mm thicker. I'm also curious if it would "wear" heavier. We have the larger Darth in stock and as much as I like the ceramic/Ti it's just a bit too much for me to pull off. I've been really happy with how this one fits and feels.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
My first Tuna and I as much as I love it I'm now thinking about flipping towards a SBBN043 or 045. Has anyone owned both to comment on how they wear? Looking at specs it appears the 043/045 are the same case size but about 2mm thicker. I'm also curious if it would "wear" heavier. We have the larger Darth in stock and as much as I like the ceramic/Ti it's just a bit too much for me to pull off. I've been really happy with how this one fits and feels.
I own that and the SBBN049. Haven't tried the 049 on a rubber strap as it comes on a bracelet so I can't compare them in that regard. But otherwise it's night & day. The quality control seems to be really good with the SBBNs, as opposed to the SNEs. The movement in the SNE is sloppy, 2 jewels (unsure where, I guess around the rotor/stator part), the SBBN feels tight as a drum. The handset is larger on the SBBN, the seconds hand is more clearly defined against the dial, the minutes hand is obviously thicc (I LOVE the fat minutes hand! +_+) and the sintered matte bright texture on them is gorgeous. The dial is fabulous, at least on the deep black SBBN049 (and 045 I suppose). It's ~3-5 times the price of the SNE but it's well worth it to me, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

The SBBN has almost the profile of an SKX, if you've handled one of those. With the rounded caseback. The SNE is just flat. IMO the SBBN still wears better but I blame that on the particular strap I have the SNE on. So, inconclusive.

Oh, I almost forgot. The lume on the SBBN absolutely curb stomps the SNE, it's at least 8 times as good.

14681 - 14700 of 14864 Posts