WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

***The Official/UnOfficial Zodiac Seawolf***Super SeaWolf***Owners Thread***

227K views 1K replies 195 participants last post by  LeDocteur 
#1 ·
There are several threads spread out here but nothing consolidating them,making it easier to find thoughts & pics...
A few weeks ago I added the Creamsicle 53'SkinDiver & today the '68 Saturation to my small collection & I wanted to get this going with factory pics until my new camera arrives in a week or so...
As soon as I can I will post plenty of pics & review on both watches here...So Zodiac Fans post them here...

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
:p

Attachments

#14 ·
This combo has quickly become the favorite in my small collection...

Attachments

#18 ·
A "Gen 1" Super Sea Wolf, circa 1974. My College Graduation gift. Wore it daily for 30+ years including numerous dives every year. Recently overhauled and now worn once a week.
View attachment 13743245
FANTASTIC Vintage Zodiac! Thanks for posting & welcome to WUS!

Reactions: Ptw000
#24 ·
Where do you guys source these? Specifically the 68. I love the look, but would rather go reputable gray market or something on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Where do you guys source these? Specifically the 68. I love the look, but would rather go reputable gray market or something on them.

I buy LEs from Rob at Topper Jewelers. I would buy non LEs from him also but you can find them online. Watchstation is one option. Resale is low compared to retail so better to get a deal.

#28 ·
I've been looking/lusting over one of these for some time and have looked at endless pics and videos and read all the reviews yet despite how good looking they are in these reviews, photos and videos i just can't bring myself to drop £900-£1000 on one, not yet anyway (these are dealer prices here)
Sadly there are no local dealer i can visit to get a hands on feel for one, as good as photos and videos are you never quite get the way a quality piece feels in your hands.

So....i guess what i'm getting at here is that i'm after a value for money opinion, on all models really, but i am specifically interested in these three ZO9266 ZO9255 ZO9250

I've seen a few people state they're not worth the retail price but i think these are mostly from people who haven't bought one, but at this point retail is my only avenue, a few have come up for sale but are mostly US based so once customs/taxes/admin fees and shipping are added it pretty close to retail anyway and that's assuming no conus only sales which is rare. And there is literally one dealer here in UK that has any now.

So thanks for reading and any and all opinions are greatly appreciated :)

Chris

#29 ·
I've been looking/lusting over one of these for some time and have looked at endless pics and videos and read all the reviews yet despite how good looking they are in these reviews, photos and videos i just can't bring myself to drop £900-£1000 on one, not yet anyway (these are dealer prices here)
Sadly there are no local dealer i can visit to get a hands on feel for one, as good as photos and videos are you never quite get the way a quality piece feels in your hands.

So....i guess what i'm getting at here is that i'm after a value for money opinion, on all models really, but i am specifically interested in these three ZO9266 ZO9255 ZO9250

I've seen a few people state they're not worth the retail price but i think these are mostly from people who haven't bought one, but at this point retail is my only avenue, a few have come up for sale but are mostly US based so once customs/taxes/admin fees and shipping are added it pretty close to retail anyway and that's assuming no conus only sales which is rare. And there is literally one dealer here in UK that has any now.

So thanks for reading and any and all opinions are greatly appreciated :)

Chris
The watchs that you want have the same case and bracelet as mine ..I can tell you from owning dozens of watches that these are made with good quality.. they are very comfortable and feel solidly built.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#32 ·
I've become a huge fan of Zodiac. When it was first released, I bought the titanium Sea Wolf 53, loved it and now can't remember the reason I sold it!! Probably to free up some money to buy another watch. Who knows? Anyways, I saw one here for sale recently and snatched it up. I hope to keep it this time. This one and the one I sold are/were very accurate watches and are the perfect size for my 7" wrist.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#38 ·
I've become a huge fan of Zodiac. When it was first released, I bought the titanium Sea Wolf 53, loved it and now can't remember the reason I sold it!! Probably to free up some money to buy another watch. Who knows? Anyways, I saw one here for sale recently and snatched it up. I hope to keep it this time. This one and the one I sold are/were very accurate watches and are the perfect size for my 7" wrist.
View attachment 13784643
Man. That is nice looking. I really like that dial/bezel combo. Simple, but classy.

#37 ·
I don't have any ideas for those on the search, other than to say stay patient. You've already waited a while, so waiting a bit longer for the one that you want is probably the way to go. You won't be disappointed when you get one. I can't comment on the NATO but the bracelet is amazingly comfortable and it's probably my favourite all round watch.

#44 ·
Can anyone share a picture of a Super Sea Wolf 53 next to another watch, maybe something common like an SKX? I've googled high and low and can't find anything. I fear it might be too small for me, but I really like them.

40mm. Not large but such a crisp look that it is okay, especially on the bracelet.