WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
561 - 580 of 1,348 Posts
That's wild! On a side note, the black looks pretty cool to me. Send it back! Send it back!
Thanks, but with all the problems with their movements and the horrendous customer service I think I'm done with the brand all together. At one point I had 5 super sea wolfs... shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain, Brutha! I just received my Zodiac "Yellow Jacket", from Topper Jewelers - after 6 months of waiting for MY watch to be repaired, Topper just sent me a new one that hopefully their jeweler "breathed on". So far it's been fine, knock on wood! I love the look and style of that watch so much that if the STP movement in this one takes a crap on me, I'm-a send it off to "my guy" for a heart transplant for an ETA movement; FWIW, I won't have been the FIRST guy to do so!

And for whatever MY opinion is worth, I think it looks GREAT with the black date wheel - it's a "One Off"!

Y'all want to know what's funny, I have three 68's and no issue with any of them, one is 5 months old (cosc) and the oldest around 3 yrs, I also have 3 cheapie Swiss Legend divers with the same movement and again, no issues, I was actually gonna keep at least one of them to steal the movement out of just in case one of my zodiac's pooped out. I hate to hear all these issues with the STP's, it's gotta be frustrating:(

i think some of their sea wolves look nice... but yikes, the repair/reliability issues from this thread and their very limited production capabilities makes me think i need to revisit the brand in a year or so when they (hopefully) fix all the issues.

It is ridiculous that you now have a black Date Wheel. Presumably they swapped the movement with whatever was lying on their workbench at the time. Surely at some point somebody would have noticed it was completely wrong? Very strange. I understand your frustration.
This is not the first time I heard about them changing a white date wheel with a black one. Saw another one yesterday night in a for sale thread where upon return the owner received a black date wheel. Except he used that change to say it was a positive enhancement :)

FWIW, my 2nd "Yellow Jacket" seems to be running, winding, keeping time to +3-4spd, holding its "charge", and staying waterproof for almost one month now. I sure do like that watch when it's working right!

I have a 53 skin that I love. In Jan of this year I sent it in because the bezel would not turn. Zodiac said it was the case, 2 months and $395 later they sent it back. I wore it everyday, using the bezel and now the bezel is turning but with no click. Cleaned it with soap and water... still nothing. This is how it started the first time. Not sure if I will send it in again and spend another $300 plus.

So has anyone else had an issue with the bezel on the 53 skins?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have a 53 skin that I love. In Jan of this year I sent it in because the bezel would not turn. Zodiac said it was the case, 2 months and $395 later they sent it back. I wore it everyday, using the bezel and now the bezel is turning but with no click. Cleaned it with soap and water... still nothing. This is how it started the first time. Not sure if I will send it in again and spend another $300 plus.

So has anyone else had an issue with the bezel on the 53 skins?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Why did they charge $395? Out of warranty?

561 - 580 of 1,348 Posts