WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
601 - 620 of 1,348 Posts
Discussion starter · #603 ·
Not sure if I posted these in here or not...
Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Watch accessory Analog watch
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Worn & Wound's WindUp Watch Shop has announced two new Zodiac Super Sea Wolf GMT models, one in steel and one with a two-tone (steel and PVD gold) finish.

"While not limited editions, it is worth noting that these are limited production, meaning that they are made in small batches and won't last too long."

MORE INFO IN THE WINDUP SHOP HERE

FOR SALE IN THE WINDUP SHOP HERE

Details and Specifications

Brand and model: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf GMT
Case material: Stainless steel and gold PVD
Steel Reference: ZO9405
Two-tone reference: ZO9406
Case diameter: 40mm
Lug to lug: 49mm
Thickness: 13.6mm
Lug width: 20 mm
Movement: ETA 2893-2 automatic GMT
Movement: Soprod C125 automatic GMT
Power Reserve: 38 hours
Bezel: 24-click bi-directional w/ metal insert
Water resistant: 200 meters / 20 ATM
Crystal: Domed sapphire glass
Stainless steel 3-link bracelet
Price: $1795

Worn & Wound's WindUp Watch Shop has announced two new Zodiac Super Sea Wolf GMT models, one in steel and one with a two-tone (steel and PVD gold) finish.

. . .
I've always dug the Super Sea Wolf GMTs. Great vintage styling, and the SS bezel look is [emoji108].

The l2l is just a touch long for me, though [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got on the zodiac train a little too late. Does anyone know if they restock old colorways? I see the Blue SSW ZO9266 no longer on their website.
They have restocked some "sold out" colorways in the past. But that model can also be bought from a number of other authorized retailers. I've added some links below. My recommendation would be to sign up for the Watch Station email list to get a 25% off code (down to $1046) or to call a dealer like Topper to see if they can go any lower than that.

Reactions: Bear1845
Discussion starter · #613 ·
[QUOTE = "E8ArmyDiver, post: 52674697, członek: 54198"]
zo9206..To jest wydanie ReIssue 1955, w komplecie ze zwężaną bransoletą 20-16 mm. [DOŁĄCZ = pełna] 15566847 [/ DOŁĄCZ] [DOŁĄCZ = pełna] 15566849 [/ DOŁĄCZ] [DOŁĄCZ = mocuj] 15566851 [/ DOŁĄCZ] [DOŁĄCZ] = pełny] 15566852 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = pełny] 15566853 [/ ATTACH]
[/ ZACYTOWAĆ]

piękny

I am soon to be the happy owner of my second Super Sea Wolf. While I love them both, they are versions that do not work with Zodiac's beautiful jubilee bracelet, which is a shame.

For the life of me, I cannot imagine why Zodiac would not make the case the same on all of the SSW's so that all of the bracelets will work on any other SSW. They are losing money since many people would buy the jubilee bracelet as a separate accessory for a SSW if it fit all the models. For those of you who have not seen this oft-discussed issue, the SSWs that come with the jubilee bracelet have an etched-out crease at the base of the case between the lugs. The jubilee end-clasps have a corresponding ridge that fits in that etched out space, making the bracelet fit nicely snug to the case. Without that etched out space, however, the jubilee bracelet will not fit.

I am considering purchasing a Grandhydra because they are so cheap now on the secondary market; I like how it looks; don't mind that it is a quartz version; and I'm wondering how the bracelet would look on the SSWs. They are both 20mm wide and they look like they would fit.

But has anyone used a Grandhydra (or Grandrally, for that matter) stainless steel bracelet on a Super Sea Wolf? Any thoughts on how that would look?

Here are pictures of my two SSWs, and the Grand Hydra with the stainless steel bracelet that I am considering.

Such beautiful watches. I've searched the web for reviews and videos, and I've fallen for the design and finishing of the watch. It's kind of unique and a really nice contemporary take on a vintage classic. I've got sold immediately and I wanted to get one for daily wear. I've placed an order for the 9266, it's a beauty. All the official information and blogs reviewing the watch had nothing but best words for the watch and described the STP 3-13 as a step up from the ETA. In theory, the finishing and the swan neck should be right?

And then, with all the excitement I went online to check more pics and experiences of owners of these watches, and where else to look then wus. I got really surprised and a bit worried to read so many storries about so many issues with the bracelets and the movements. At first, I know that this things happen, and it's normal for a few issues here and there, and they do come with world wide coverage by fossil, so I thought is kind of ok. But as I kept reading, it turns out it's not only one or two watches that had issues. And still keep in mind they don't sell tons of these, and yet you find stories of owners having issues everywhere you look (except the blogs and youtube). Furthermore, when I read that many microbrands dropped the STP movements for having a bad failure rate, I've just realized that I'll give it a pass despite the awesome design. I wouldn't like to be constantly on the edge if my watch falls off due to a bracelet failure or waiting to see if my movements stops or not... and I would definitely not be into having to deal with service centres for months or look for movement replacements. So luckily my order haven't shipped and I was able to cancel it.

On the other side I am glad to see many people enjoying these watches without an issue, beautiful indeed. Mine could have been a good one too, but I guess not ready to take the chance, especially at the price point. Now I really hope Zodiac people would do something about this. The word is already out there, so they really need to pull it together. If it were a stock ETA or Sellita, I would have been wearing one right now. Too bad...

601 - 620 of 1,348 Posts