WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always admired white dials, especially on dive watches since they are rare. For a long time I have considered buying the white Aquis on the white rubber strap. My only hang-up, would it look feminine? Should I be secure enough not to care?

·
Banned
276 Posts
It's a nice clean look, definitely an attractive piece. It's not as though you're wearing hoop earrings. Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see a watch I already like made in white I do have a soft spot for it.
The oris' clean symmetrical dial and nice bezel with the oris case shape is all very appealing. My vote is don't worry about the other insecure people that will knock it.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
You can always try it on a black rubber strap. It would be reminiscent of the white dial IWC Aquatimer, which I think is a great looking watch.

·
Premium Member
60,785 Posts
JW, It's a great looking piece your main concern ought to be me nicking it off you. If you are a little worried about the white strap why not get it on a bracelet and buy the strap as well so that you've got the best of both worlds?

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you like it you should get it. It is a really nice looking watch and the fact that it is 43 mm and a bulky divers watch should make it look a bit more masculine. Despite this, I do agree with the earlier posters that it would look even more masculine on a bracelet or black rubber.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'd definitely buy this watch... for my wife.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I certainly won't judge since it's a fine watch, but I actually think they may have designed the white model for women. If you look at the website, both of the white dial 43mm models contain an image of a woman wearing the watch, with the caption "Oris Aquis Lady Diver featuring Oris Brand Ambassador Anna von Boetticher". They also contain a video link titled "Oris Lady Diver". They are the only 43mm models with this image and video attached. The white 43mm also uses a different bezel from all of the other 43mm models, and that bezel matches the one used on the much smaller 36mm models, which I also believe are designed for women.

All that being said, I am a firm believer in the "wear what you like" mantra. I don't think there's anything inherently feminine about a white Aquis. If they released a white version with the same matte bezel found on the other models, I'd be the first in line to get it. In fact, I think someone on the forum mocked one up for me in Photoshop a while back. A white face with a silver bezel would make me so happy!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hey JW....I just purchased this exact watch on the bracelet and it's def for men! Don't listen to what others are saying. My AD said the women's version is clearly in it's own class. White divers are clean and very versatile. Just think of the different color rubber/nato straps. GREAT WATCH! Looks STUNNING on a navy or red nato.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
IMO it is definitely too feminine for my taste. Bracelet would help some. That white rubber strap puts it completely in the female category for me. White dial, ok, but white bezel is pushing it. A white dial, bezel, and strap...... Sorry bro, just my view and apparently many here don't agree with it but you know the saying. If you have to ask.......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just think of the different color rubber/nato straps. GREAT WATCH! Looks STUNNING on a navy or red nato.
Nato isn't really an option for this watch (or any Oris diver) due to the proprietary lug spacing. You could purchase the black or white rubber from Oris, but that's about it. Someone on the forum hacked together a metal adaptor to put a nato on their Oris TT1, but it wasn't terribly attractive and isn't available unless you make your own or convince someone to make one for you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Concur with wristclock, white dial is ok, but white bezel and band do make it looks feminine. Also, keep in mind that you might want to flip it someday and it would be tough. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
YOU'RE RIGHT! I realized that once I went to change the bracelet. I'm a dumbass! That's a shame because the white bezel/dial would make for unlimited amount of strap options. Still a great looking watch! Very underrated!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Go for the bracelet option and you're all good! It's a similar look to the white on white Omega Planet Ocean.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Yes, it's a slightly feminine looking watch, but it won't make a normal looking guy seem gay (earrings might).

Do make some considerations: (1) If you have dark skin, white watches look very good due to the contrast (2) If you have fairer skin, consider getting the version with a steel bracelet as it tones down the whiteness of the watch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It looks great that watch, however i did initially think it looked like something my Mrs would wear. ON THE FLIP SIDE, it wouldn't do for us all to like the
same stuff, as mentioned by others just keep changing the straps to give you some variation :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got sent the new 2013/14 Oris catalogue today. Some seriously nice watches. There is picture of it in there on the bracelet. Looks good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts