WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought yesterday and been wearing this badboy all day. I always wanted an Oris Aquis and this one with the grey dial caught my eye while looking at the various models in the store. It's really a beautyfully build watch which oozes tons of quality. At 46 mm the watch is large, but the case design and the titanium makes it super comfy to wear, especially on the rubber strap with the micro adjustment clasp.

All in all a great watch and I thought it deserved a photoshoot. It's hard to capture it's beauty, so I hope these pictures do it justice.:-!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Great pictures. I have the regular Aquis and it's an awesome underrated diver. Had mine brushed

945 Posts
So nice. The Ti version anyway already looks mostly brushed, except for the bezel edge.

OP, you didn't by chance snap any more pics of that clasp did you? I'm curious about its microadjustability, & whether you can do so while it's on your wrist, or if you have to take it off, pop pins in & out. Just want to see how that works. I see that strap for sale for $350(!), and it's 12mm & I'd need 16mm, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So nice. The Ti version anyway already looks mostly brushed, except for the bezel edge.

OP, you didn't by chance snap any more pics of that clasp did you? I'm curious about its microadjustability, & whether you can do so while it's on your wrist, or if you have to take it off, pop pins in & out. Just want to see how that works. I see that strap for sale for $350(!), and it's 12mm & I'd need 16mm, but I'm just curious.
Thanks. I haven't got more pics of the clasp. I can adjust it while it's on the wrist, but it's easier if I take it off.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Love it. I had one, and just loved how the tungsten bezel is a slightly different shade of grey than the dial, which is a slightly different shade of grey from the case. Very cool and classy. It was just slightly big for me, so I wound up selling it, but just picked up the grey/ tungsten bezel regular Aquis. It should be here tomorrow. Oris makes amazing divers!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a beauty! I swear I love every Oris picture I see...I'm gonna have to get one some day.
Thanks! Just keep saving, it's a lot of quality for a very fair price IMHO. :-!

Love it. I had one, and just loved how the tungsten bezel is a slightly different shade of grey than the dial, which is a slightly different shade of grey from the case. Very cool and classy. It was just slightly big for me, so I wound up selling it, but just picked up the grey/ tungsten bezel regular Aquis. It should be here tomorrow. Oris makes amazing divers!
Yup, it was between the regular and the small seconds. In the end I went with this one as I love the look of that small second on the dial. It is a big watch and 46mm is the upper limit for me, but somehow it works great on a watch like this.

Please post some pics once your Aquis arrives! b-)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks, guys.

Goalie, did you brush all the polished parts (including the bezel and crown)?
It was done by the AD Toppers Jewlers and not the crown or bezel. Looks awesome. There are some threads on the Oris forum that have pictures of similar watches

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Pressing the two buttons on the clasp unlocks the sliding adjustment mechanism in the clasp. It's meant to be a diver's extension, but it performs double duty as an incremental micro-adjustment. Larger adjustments are made by adjusting the strap within the clasp just like most normal deployant clasps (the strap doesn't need to be cut to size it).

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
Pressing the two buttons on the clasp unlocks the sliding adjustment mechanism in the clasp. It's meant to be a diver's extension, but it performs double duty as an incremental micro-adjustment. Larger adjustments are made by adjusting the strap within the clasp just like most normal deployant clasps (the strap doesn't need to be cut to size it).
Brent is spot on as usual. I have my ProDiver Date on a strap but my Titan on a bracelet says hello.

Titan Wrist.JPG

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems that there are quite a few Oris Aquis fans out there, but I seldom see them on the WRUW thread here. Very cool to see some others!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts