WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

several people have asked me about getting a signed copy of my SciFi novel: 'The Eve of Armageddon'.

I contacted the publisher and can get an author's discount so the book will cost $6.57, which isn't a bad price, I think.

I haven't looked at postage costs but I'd guess a box or padded envelope can't be more than 70 or 80 cents and media mail has to be about $1.50 or less, I suppose.

So for those who want a signed copy drop me a PM. Total cost will be exactly what it costs me. I can't see it being more than $8.50.

It's really an adventure yarn but with a SciFi bias. Not in the league of Uncle Clive and Dirk but guaranteed that if you have trouble sleeping, a couple of pages will knock you out ;-)

Information on the book and the ability to read a chapter can be found here

www.petemillar.com

Sorry for the shameless plug but people did ask.

Oh and there are no Doxa's in the book. Actually I don't think I mention a watch at all as it was written long before I got into Doxas.

Pete

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Pete, when we finally do meet up somewhere here in the Midwest, I'll bring my copy and get it signed!

Guys, I read it a couple years ago and don't let Pete fool ya - it's really good! I've written a couple of short stories and know how hard it is to get my ideas onto paper. So I have a real appreciation for someone who can put together a book-length story. Sci-Fi fans will especially appreciate it. :-!

Paul

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys,

I got the books from the publisher today. Really nice to see a load of them again :)

I'll check out the cost of postage and packaging and let you know the total cost.

Would all those who haven't sent me their address please PM it to me and I'll sign them and get them in the mail ASAP.

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
BTT :-!

Doc, I'd like to get one too! Now I am not sure if it'd be wise to have it sent to my current location in Iraq (a package I had mailed on Nov. 4th has yet to arrive!) but I'd like to read it here maybe. Your thoughts, ship it here, or to my home in Michigan?

And as to books, since I've been away from the forum, whats the status on the Doxa book, has it been released for ordering yet? I'd love a copy (preferably signed ;-) ) to go with my Ultimate Edition!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T-bone,

is your address out there an APO box. Is there an APO box I could send it to. I'd certainly be happy to stuff a few copies in a bag for any of the troops who would like to read it.

Other than that I'll send it to your home address. PM me with the details.

I'm off to the Post Office in 10 minutes to post the first batch.

Official Doxa book wont happen until january now. Too close to Christmas for the printers to get it done. Wrong time of year for a rush job.

Regards

Pete

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys,

the first books went out this afternoon by media mail. The package cost 87 cents and the mewdia mail cost 1.59 so the grand total for the book is... $9.03. About 50 cents more than I predicted. Sorry. I'll try to get the rest out tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

Hope you all enjoy it. I started reading it again myself and I was thinkingh.. man, this writer is HOT!!!!!! ha, ha, ha. Just wait until Stephen Spielberg gets hold of a copy... fame, fortune and free lunches :)

Pete

·
Registered
641 Posts
Pete,

Maybe you should send Graeme a copy. He could pass it along to his movie contactsB-) Who knows it might be the next block buster|>

Andy

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys,

just to let you know that the last of the books were mailed on Saturday morning. Everyone should get their copy this week with a bit of luck. Well, everyone except T-Bone. I sent his to the APO box and signed a few extra for the "boys".

Thanks to everyone for giving the Eve of Armageddon a new lease of life. Big smile on my face :-!

Pete

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi Dr. Pete,

I got your book today:-! Can't wait to start reading it.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nope...I didn't get mine yet either :-S . Pete, any ideas?

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,

I don't know. Quite a few people have had it already. If it doesn't arrive after Christmas, I'll send another one. They all went on the Friday and Saturday

Pete

·
Registered
225 Posts
got the book

so far its a good little read. its not very long so i hope to post a review of the book sometime next week.

merry christmas to all, and happy chanuka to my fellow tribesmen

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Wow, seems odd but.... got here to Baghdad and into my hands yesterday! Never would have thought the APO system for overseas would beat USPO going to Ca. Of course, it arrived the same day as my package mailed on Nov. 4th :-S (had an incorrect address for that, it was sent back to Michigan and then finally back here!).

Looks to be a great little read, I plan to finish it over the next couple of days (only a few pages in so far). Also plan to drop one at the "Union" FOB (we eat at their D'Fac regularly) and another at the MWR facility at "Freedom" in the next few days (saw a book shelf there in the rec center for the soldiers when I went online a few weeks back).

Doc, thanks so much, for making my Christmas and that of some of the service folks a bit brighter.

Merry Christmas,

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
T, a pleasure and hope you and the boys enjoy them. Wonder what happened to the few that haven't been delivered yet....hmmmmm, Christmas post I suppose.

Merry Christmas to you and the guys who are far away from home and family.

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts