WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i know that this was mentioned if 1 of the threads but couldn't rememeber wich,

i've always wanted a doxa with a logo on it, as i mentioned in another thread about wanting the diving star.

but i'd love to have a padi logo on a doxa.

padi is one of the biggest organisations that train thousands of people every year how to dive and i hope that doxa could possibly commemorate them the same way as they have done with clive cussler's seahunters.

Wil

at the min having problems trying to change format from tiff to jpg can any1 help, i'm on a mac computer

1,023 Posts
here's a pic
Hi All,

While we appreciate the enthusiasm that our PADI presentation has generated, can we respectfully ask that you refrain from incorporating their logo on DOXA dials, and then posting those pictures on the Forum? :think:

Thank you for your help with this - hope that doesn't dampen your enthusiasm!:-!

Jim

DOXA WATCHES LTD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry, I don't like that logo at all. The reason is, I think it stands out way too much from the dial.

I have seen the helmet logo on the Caribbean, and that is white against the blue dial. That is much better, but I am not sure I need a logo other that Doxa's on the dial. Just my opinion, and understand and respect that our opinions differ.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooops

sorry should i remove the pic? i got a bit carried away in my enthusiasm and didn't realy think into all the implications of doing that.

don't worry about my enthusiasm i've been a fav of doxa's ever since i picked up a clive cussler book age of 7.

i'm that eager to get the logo on my doxa that i'm even thinking of trying to find a jewler to imprint 1 onto the the dial.

or if doxa would do it for me i'd be over the moon and would be willing to pay a considerable fortune for it.

At the mo i'm getting my padi open water qualifictions, and when i told my instructor she went over the moon at the idea.

is a padi logo in the pipe work by anychance?

Wil

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok now i do see some of the implications of incorporating the logo of 1 specific group but perhaps doxa could supply the different organisations with the different logos

BUT i could see that being a logistics problem

can any1 think of any solutions?

1,023 Posts
oooops

sorry should i remove the pic? i got a bit carried away in my enthusiasm and didn't realy think into all the implications of doing that.

don't worry about my enthusiasm i've been a fav of doxa's ever since i picked up a clive cussler book age of 7.

i'm that eager to get the logo on my doxa that i'm even thinking of trying to find a jewler to imprint 1 onto the the dial.

or if doxa would do it for me i'd be over the moon and would be willing to pay a considerable fortune for it.

At the mo i'm getting my padi open water qualifictions, and when i told my instructor she went over the moon at the idea.

is a padi logo in the pipe work by anychance?

Wil
Hi there Wil and thank you so much!
First, yes, we want to be respectful of PADI's logo, etc. and while we and the folks at PADI are good friends, we would not want to give anyone out there the wrong impression. :-s

Will there be "happenings" involving DOXA and PADI in the future - sorry to be a Grinch here, but you'll just have to "stay tuned"!:)

BUT to answer your more pertinent question regarding logos - Good news - I hope! The 1000T will be available in a COSC version with the Diving Helmet logo!

Again

Wil, and all of the other DOXISTAs out there (or if you prefer - DOXAHOLICS), THANK YOU!!! Without all of you, none of this would be possible! And thank you for your creativity, your positive and constructive feedback! This is truly a great group of people, and the growing popularity of the DOXA SUB is a true reflection of all of you!:-!

Jim

DOXA WATCHES LTD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ool, padi only!! are you carzy!! remember naui and ssi the other big groups. no doxa boys dont want to open this can of worms.
i'll have to admit that i'd never heard of ssi and naui till you mentioned them, but i have only just started diving.
from what i've just searched them on the net though and there's only 2 people that are on the ssi in england and the naui website is reporting no instuctors in england but i don't know wether that is a tempory fault.

if you know of anyone from either of these groups in the north west of england i'd be most appreciative.

Wil

·
Registered
13 Posts
man, dont believe doxa wants to open a dive agency can of worms. remember naui ssi to align with one agency aint good business sense. now if padi as old aqualung buys some watches. doxa should stay out of the agency political game!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man, dont believe doxa wants to open a dive agency can of worms. remember naui ssi to align with one agency aint good business sense. now if padi as old aqualung buys some watches. doxa should stay out of the agency political game!!

sorry but i'm going to have to agree to disagree.

what about if you could only get it through padi and only once you've passed a open water diver exam or higher?

·
Registered
319 Posts
i'll have to admit that i'd never heard of ssi and naui till you mentioned them, but i have only just started diving.
from what i've just searched them on the net though and there's only 2 people that are on the ssi in england and the naui website is reporting no instuctors in england but i don't know wether that is a tempory fault.

if you know of anyone from either of these groups in the north west of england i'd be most appreciative.

Wil
Hi Will,

NAUI was started by ex US Navy divers. The course structure was pretty rigorous. I remember in the 70's it was not uncommon to hear of ditch and don for open water 1 certification done at 100 ft.

PADI was started by a guy who left NAUI because of the 'military style' training they were giving in diving. The PADI classes were supposed to be more civilian oriented, laid back and easy going towards all who entered.

I went with NAUI because I liked it. I do like the "National Geographic" package that PADI put together for beginning divers however and thought I might enroll my wife in that for her enjoyment as she loves the sea and animals in general.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info tkite, you learn something new everyday.
and today i've learnt quite a bit.

i'd like to do a NAUI corse but i can't find any1 near enough to me or in the places that i visit, but i'll keep my eyes open

once again thanks for the info

·
Registered
785 Posts
There are both NAUI and PADI instructors located in my county (~300,000 population), FWIW.

<snip>

BUT to answer your more pertinent question regarding logos - Good news - I hope! The 1000T will be available in a COSC version with the Diving Helmet logo!

<snip>
That is indeed great news! :-!

Is it too soon for a ballpark timeframe so we can get our budgets in order? ;-)

--Keith

·
Registered
319 Posts

Jim

DOXA WATCHES LTD
Maybe I could buy one of these and have a reputable watch maker put a HRV in it at some time. This size, with this dial and HRV is what I more or less envisioned the 'conquistador' to be when it came out.

·
Banned
313 Posts
sorry but i'm going to have to agree to disagree.

what about if you could only get it through padi and only once you've passed a open water diver exam or higher?

I can't believe that DOXA would want to align themselves with just one (albeit the largest) certification agency thus leaving out all of the others. I'd think that they would choose to remain "the Diver's choice" rather than "PADI's choice"

Many of us were certified through entities other than PADI or NAUI or SSI...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know that it might be seen as doxa aligning it's self with 1 diving agency, but imagine all those divers out there that don't know about doxa.

and if, and it is a very BIG IF something like this ever happened surely all those people that never knew about doxa would fall in love with them would surely search for everything every bit of infomation there is about doxa and also different diving organisations.

my passion started with Clive Cussler who inspired me to get a DOXA and then my doxa inspired me to learn how to dive.

but imagine if you've never heard of doxa and suddenly the dive master that you've been learning off sees that orange monster on their wrist with the padi logo. and the person that you respect and admire tells you what it is and how they got it, wouldn't that make you a little inspired?

i know i might have gotten away with myself but i know that i'd love to not only have a watch that i love but 1 that i've earnt by getting the qualifications.

no matter who you were trained by i'm sure every diver would want their respective agency on their own doxa.

i think this should be my last post on this subject because i don't want to cause any trouble, i don't want to drag doxa into a fight between wich diving agency is better, i'm looking into as many different agencys, and about to book a dive with NAUI down in london.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts