WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
My son made this.
He makes memes of subjects that are important to his generation, addictions being one of them.
I have told him often of the jokes we make in this forum of our addictions for Soviet and Russian watches.
That's a Chaika quartz 'resonator' in the photo.
I am now wearing one of these patches.
They are useless.
I still have cravings for another Raketa.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I too am addicted, I can't feel comfortable in a pair of readers anymore unless they have a loop clipped to them, I think it is the "hunt" for the watch as well that is part of the addiction.
I seriously can not help myself, I see and must have. In my defense I guess it is better than spending all your money in a bar or club. I have a huge 72"x50" Chest that is only half full so I have a ways to go!!! When I fill that up maybe I will take a step back and re think my watch collecting.
....... :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::D:LOL::ROFLMAO: ........ YEAH RIGHT ........ :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
132 Posts
My son made this. He makes memes of subjects that are important to his generation, addictions being one of them.
Funny! If only there were a pharmaceutial-grade additive to make it work.

Fair point, i filled two display cases as well. I just don't have a place on my desk for another one yet...
That's my current strategy. Two 12-watch cases, one for autos, one for quartz, and a one-in-one-out policy once they fill up. Currently there are too many quartz watches, so I have to get my act together about unloading some, but the total is less than 24. Well, if you exclude backup watches I got for the ones I really care about. Those don't count, do they? Really, I don't have a problem...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Patches just don't work when you are hooked by Ruhlas...

Notice the top packet of East German cigarettes is named "Jewel" obviously meaning watch jewel of course and another packet is called "cabinet" which is where you keep your watches.

For those who prefer matches...

Looks like I am never giving up!

Sekondtime

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's my current strategy. Two 12-watch cases, one for autos, one for quartz, and a one-in-one-out policy once they fill up. Currently there are too many quartz watches, so I have to get my act together about unloading some, but the total is less than 24. Well, if you exclude backup watches I got for the ones I really care about. Those don't count, do they? Really, I don't have a problem...
I have two 8 slots and have a total of 3 spots to spare. If we include a bunch of stuff i've sold off at the time i would probably need another 2 just for the Soviet made ones. Same could be said about all the spares and parts as i barely have anything left in comparison to what i had.

(Poor soldier strapped for cash so uh they came as they went, by mail overseas. At least one got to Dashiell's site for permenant display)

Reactions: Matt_Bored_O

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have two 8 slots and have a total of 3 spots to spare.
Nice. I should set that as a goal for myself.

But one step at a time -- first I'll get everything into two 12's and then rest for a bit. I think I can keep a few spots open in the automatics box, so the quartz will be a bigger challenge. But since that will save me from changing batteries, there's at least a bit of a practical incentive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts