WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an Isofrane recently. and I wasn't happy with the fat springbars fit in them. I had to force them with oil all over them and they only stuck out a tiny bit (granted I did get the 22mm) anyways so yeah I wore it with the fat bars for a while and didn't really like the fact that there was barely anything holding on the strap.

Well I had ordered two other straps earlier and didn't think anything of the spring bars they came with. But then I thought "hey maybe they have ones that are skinny." and low and behold:

2012-07-23 17.36.16.jpg

Left: Stock Seiko Fat Spring bar
Middle: watchgecko skinny thick springbars.
Right: wjean skinny spring bar

Obviously the middle one is the best of the skinny bars. It have that extra length in the ends that reaches the perfect amount for the iso.

Here's a watchgecko skinny thick springbar in the iso on the top and a seiko fat bar in an iso on the bottom. Mind you this is the 22mm isofrane but it easily squeezes into the 20mm monster lugs.

2012-07-23 17.38.21.jpg

So heres the spring bar in the monster lug:

2012-07-23 17.39.25.jpg

Notice how it has lots of bar sticking out of the iso to fit in the lug holes. and how the shaft thing fills most of the lug space like a good spring bar should.

And heres some pictures of the 22mm iso on the monster with watchgecko spring bars:

2012-07-23 17.40.41.jpg

2012-07-23 17.40.49.jpg

2012-07-23 17.41.00.jpg

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
A truly Iconic combo. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I personally am not a fan of the "squeezing" technique when it comes to putting a larger than intended strap on a watch. Why don't you trade your 22mm Isofrane for a 20mm that will fit better?
The problem with squeezing a larger strap on a watch puts extra tension on the spring bars, when strapping the watch on the wrist.
The 20mm Isofrane will not only look better, but also be more secure and flexible on the wrist.
just my .02c

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In retrospect I would get the 20mm iso, but there was no way for me to know how it would fit with the fat bars as I had heard the 20mm had a gap from the fat bars stretching it. with this new information about the strap I purchased I would recommend the 20mm with watchgecko bars. as for selling this one and buying a 20mm too much work to sell it ship it and find another to buy. also I'd be out almost $30 to $40 with shipping and deprecation factored in.

I personally am not a fan of the "squeezing" technique when it comes to putting a larger than intended strap on a watch. Why don't you trade your 22mm Isofrane for a 20mm that will fit better?
The problem with squeezing a larger strap on a watch puts extra tension on the spring bars, when strapping the watch on the wrist.
The 20mm Isofrane will not only look better, but also be more secure and flexible on the wrist.
just my .02c

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
just my .02c
I agree. somehow the watch/strap just doesn't look quite right with the tapering...

Time to get a new watch with 22 mm lugs :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
So I got an Isofrane recently. and I wasn't happy with the fat springbars fit in them. I had to force them with oil all over them and they only stuck out a tiny bit (granted I did get the 22mm) anyways so yeah I wore it with the fat bars for a while and didn't really like the fact that there was barely anything holding on the strap.

Well I had ordered two other straps earlier and didn't think anything of the spring bars they came with. But then I thought "hey maybe they have ones that are skinny." and low and behold:

View attachment 771907

Left: Stock Seiko Fat Spring bar
Middle: watchgecko skinny thick springbars.
Right: wjean skinny spring bar

I cant find this size Watchgecko skinny thick springbars. What is the part number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts