WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

The Antea KS is whispering to me that I should buy her some day. ;-)

I understand that it is supposed t come with the above movement even if it doesn't at the moment (?)

Now my questions are these; could anyone make a judgement as to how accurate it is? What is the number of beats per hour? Finally, does it hack?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
An excellent movement and one that has been very accurate in my Limes Pharo manual wind watch. It doesn't hack in my Limes though whether it can be modified to do so, I don't know. It's frequency is rated at 21,600.

G

·
Well, the ETA/Peseux 7001 is a very reliable handwinding movement used by a lot of brands like Limes, Nomos (modified with 3/4 plate), Baume & Mercier, Blancpain (cal 7001, modifiziert), Bucherer, Chronoswiss, Eberhard & Co., Enigma, Louis Erard, Maurice Lacroix, Omega (cal 651, modifiziert), Paul Picot, Tissot. Accuracy should be now problem if adjusted properly ( and Jörg does).
BTW: The Antea with ETA 7001 is still available, the 7001 movement Stowa uses currently is a bit different to the 7001 they used before (matter of finsih) but it is still a 7001.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I owned my Antea KS for about a month or so. A bit fast compared to my Flieger 6498 and other watches for the first 02 weeks or so but now it is running as the same accuracy as the others.

View attachment 990242

Power reserve is apprx. 42-44hrs when I wind it every two days. It normally stops at 4 am in the second day while my Flieger 6498 is still running. Now I wind it daily as I do not like to see a stop watch in the case.

View attachment 990250

In conclusion, I am happy with my purchase and enjoy both of them a lot. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had a lot of issues with my Antea KS. I've sent it back to be regulated twice, most recently about 2 months ago. It's running fast again. About 1 min fast per day right now. Maybe Stowa will lemon my movement and give me a new one? My last service cost almost $300 and took over a month... Yikes!

·
Vendor
936 Posts
hello, please mail me your name and i will have a look at the repairpaper to see whats happen. i think there is something unusual. the movement works normaly quite good. also your invoice is untypical. if it was only a guarantee regulation i don't understand this invoice snd high amount!!?please send your name and invoice and i clear it for you. best regards jôrg schauer
I've had a lot of issues with my Antea KS. I've sent it back to be regulated twice, most recently about 2 months ago. It's running fast again. About 1 min fast per day right now. Maybe Stowa will lemon my movement and give me a new one? My last service cost almost $300 and took over a month... Yikes!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
hello, please mail me your name and i will have a look at the repairpaper to see whats happen. i think there is something unusual. the movement works normaly quite good. also your invoice is untypical. if it was only a guarantee regulation i don't understand this invoice snd high amount!!?please send your name and invoice and i clear it for you. best regards jôrg schauer
As usual, typical Schauer/Stowa practice of making things right with the customer. We certainly need more companies/people like this in this industry. We appreciate you very much!

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is always a good idea to have the watch demagnetized before sending it off. The process is very quick and often free, and may save a great deal of inconvenience. My Antea KS started running at about +50 s/d, but after demagnetizing it settled to -2 s/d.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Weirdly, my watch seems to have settled into 30 sec/day fast over the last few days. Maybe it will continue to be labile in its accuracy. Will keep a close eye on it and awaiting response from Mr. Schauer :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts