WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
So what’s the ultimate size for a PO? I love the 2500 design, and I have the 45.5mm. Was thinking about downsizing to the 42mm, but I have a Black Bay and Longines Legend Diver that are about that size. Do people here find a big difference with the 43.5mm?

I do find the PO wears a little smaller with the short lugs and crown guard (asymmetrical) case.

P.S. I have pretty big wrists (19cm/7.5 in)

It's funny, for me it depends on which version. I had the 8500 45.5 in both orange and black. 7 1/4" wrist BTW.

On the orange, I found this size to be ideal and wouldn't have it any other way. Granted, being orange it was not a daily wear watch, but rather one that I wore on occasion when I wanted the boldness of that orange bezel on a bold watch.

With the black one on the other hand, although I did really enjoy the watch for a few years, when I ended up getting my first Rolex (Exp II) it really became apparent to me just how thick the 8500 PO wears. I wore it less and less as a daily watch before finally parting with it.

I recently sold the aforementioned Rolex, and in my search for the perfect all around watch settled on the 2500 42mm PO. I think this one nails it for me personally. That being said, if I were in your shoes already owning a 2500 in 45.5, I think I would be inclined to keep the one you already own.

·
Registered
Omega Railmaster
128 Posts
I’m seriously considering a planet ocean as my one and done watch. Unfortunately I can’t find any in my area to see in person. Part of me wants to go whole hog and get the LE liquid metal but the other part of me is thinking a 2500d 42. I love the glossy look but I want something that’s not too tall. I guess I could look at a 39mm but not too sure about that one.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Does anyone know how hard is it to change the bezel on these POs? I have the blue dial and I'm interested in changing the bezel to the black/orange
View attachment 15889362
I have an inquiry in right now to Omega checking price. I don't know that I will, but I would take off the orange and replace with normal no color... Like the old PO that only had the orange numbers.

I have thought it strange the blue didn't do similar with orange because it is such a natural combo.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I’m seriously considering a planet ocean as my one and done watch. Unfortunately I can’t find any in my area to see in person. Part of me wants to go whole hog and get the LE liquid metal but the other part of me is thinking a 2500d 42. I love the glossy look but I want something that’s not too tall. I guess I could look at a 39mm but not too sure about that one.
I think bezel plays a big part. The dimensions of the POs are what they are. But the case is asymmetrical. The bezel is smaller than the case, and it's sloped. So it makes for a more rounded profile than square and chunky.

Wearing it for a week, it keeps hitting me how small the 43.5 wears. It is not light, and it is tall, no disputing that. It just doesn't hit you as "big". And for as tall as it is, it doesn't come off as that tall either. I just think it comes down to how it's done. The crystal itself is domed darn near a mm. Take that mm off and you are in range of most. You certainly don't notice a tall crystal cause its concave. It still has to get under a cuff, but it just doesn't act like the 43.5 x 16.5mm that it measures. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
Omega Railmaster
128 Posts
I appreciate the feedback.I’ve got a new version Railmaster which to my mind is a great size. I’m really drawn to the planet ocean but I want something I can wear with almost everything so I was thinking the 42 might be as big as I’d like to go but maybe a 43.5 would work

·
Registered
791 Posts
Try the 39.5mm it's just about 14mm thick you won't regret it. Can be your one and only watch.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I got the 22mm rubber strap from Etsy ($43 from UK and appears to be a omega replica). However, I just could NOT fit the strap (the holes wouldn't line up correctly). I ended up throwing mine on a 22mm isofrane for now. There's a small gap between case/lugs but not really visible when the watch is on the wrist.

However, EXTREMELY comfy on the rubber strap. I'm just gonna wear mine on the isofrane till winter rolls around (and put it back on the bracelet).

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
So it has been a bit. I'll add. I got plenty of wear time before my Seiko showed up. Now it has been on the winder for a week. I can't tell you how happy I am I got the Seiko, however, the PO is everything the LX is not. The PO is a bit tall, but looks and wears much smaller than the the other. I appreciate it much more putting it on. It is heavier, but not horrible. It is so much more refined though. My others are tool watches, but the PO would be at home with shorts or a suit. It is funny how subtly rounded the links on the bracelet are, but much better than a plain oyster. I wish all my watches had the same clasp.

20210602_233025.jpg

So I have a Sinn UX. That dial is flat black, and even darker. Pitch black. Which I like. The most unexpected part is how much I like the gloss dial. Obviously I bought one, but figured I would just get over it. No, I know what I like matte dials, and I can't get over how much I just stare at this one. Like looking into a deep pool. Fascinated with it. Totally subjective to all, but I can't think of a more perfect set of hands. All the other facets and hands that are polished, just perfect. The bezel action is perfect. Best I own. Light but clicky, ZERO backward movement.

It's been on the winder for the last week. Tracking the time, it is 23.5 sec fast over 8 days. Almost +6/day on a winder. That is so crazy to me. I would correct at a minute, but that is almost a month. Much better on wrist. My grail. Still can't believe I have one, it is most definitely special.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I'll just add... the Seiko above is my daily. And I got to wear it for a week. It is such a perfect daily... but I am off now, giving the PO some time, and I really can't believe I lucked out so well. The PO is everything the Seiko is not. I can't believe how Goldilocks the 43.5 is. Now I do not have a big collection, and I don't have a rotation. But I'm sure you guys have watches that you love because it is not another watch. I had a round about way of ending up with what I did, but I can't imagine a more perfect pair for ME. I'll stop gushing... eventually.... maybe... but I am so glad I pulled the trigger, and I am still in awe of the PO. I only wish I could have 2 or 3.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts