WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

261 - 280 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: More details

A big 'Thank You!' to Martin, hked and linsook for organizing, to Thomas for production, and to everybody on the forum for making this possible, and for the design!
+1 on this Thanks to all for helping to get this done, now thefinal countdown begins... :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
+1 on this Thanks to all for helping to get this done, now thefinal countdown begins... :)
a pity that couldn't get this masterpiece in time for scs gathering...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
369 Posts
all thing consider I don't think anyone can accuse this special watch to be expensive. There's certain things to expect when you venture into a custom project consider the volume is very very low.

From what I can tell from handling the prototype last month I can tell you it's a great value. well at least for me.
That's a terrible argument. Personally, I wasn't complaining that it was expensive. I'm complaining that the price of the watch was 20% over cost due to reasons not really related to volume or customization.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
That's a terrible argument. Personally, I wasn't complaining that it was expensive. I'm complaining that the price of the watch was 20% over cost due to reasons not really related to volume or customization.
Although the price did go up some, you are still getting a beautiful (hopefully), custom-made, automatic, moonphase, limited edition timepiece for well under 200 bucks. Where else are you gonna get a deal like that?!

There's just no pleasing some people. :-(

·
Registered
575 Posts
Although the price did go up some, you are still getting a beautiful (hopefully), custom-made, automatic, moonphase, limited edition timepiece for well under 200 bucks. Where else are you gonna get a deal like that?!

There's just no pleasing some people. :-(
Agreed, this is still an absolute bargain.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
What started this project was for a st.at. version of..
2662393305_bfcee41e33.jpg
...a project that never got off the ground.
However, our's will be with us in days... still can't believe that this has been possible, and credit to all :)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
20% over on a limited budget, so in absolute numbers I honestly see no reason to complain. It's not like it was a 5000 dollar watch that ended up costing you 6000 dollars. So the projected price was off and it costs you a few tenners more... Pass on a few sixpacks of beer next week.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What started this project was for a st.at. version of..
View attachment 687167
...a project that never got off the ground.
However, our's will be with us in days... still can't believe that this has been possible, and credit to all :)
Well, I would pick this 1 anytime.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just hope that watches have been shipped, and they forgot to inform us .

·
Registered
296 Posts
I been thinking about that and I think perhaps they had the engraving left to do. Why would a company engrave something unless payment was paid. I could be wrong but that is my thinking.

·
Banned
369 Posts
20% over on a limited budget, so in absolute numbers I honestly see no reason to complain. It's not like it was a 5000 dollar watch that ended up costing you 6000 dollars. So the projected price was off and it costs you a few tenners more... Pass on a few sixpacks of beer next week.

There's just no pleasing some people. :-(​

Sorry guys, I guess you don't really understand what it's like to be poor (awesome author link, and a better explanation than I could ever give). It's not simply that easy, to say "Oh, I'll just cut back" when things are already so tight. That $30 is a week of groceries for one of us. Again, I'm super happy about the watch, it's my christmas present this year from my wife. I'm just frustrated that I have to explain why either I don't get a present, or we have to shell out another 20%.​

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry guys, I guess you don't really understand what it's like to be poor (awesome author link, and a better explanation than I could ever give). It's not simply that easy, to say "Oh, I'll just cut back" when things are already so tight. That $30 is a week of groceries for one of us. Again, I'm super happy about the watch, it's my christmas present this year from my wife. I'm just frustrated that I have to explain why either I don't get a present, or we have to shell out another 20%.[/INDENT][/COLOR]
Auroch

When I first saw your post I was thinking you were an impatient or a complaining fellow, since we all had to bear the same wait time and costs.
I often forget that not everyone is rich on here when I see people with Rolex collections. A watch is a luxury item in my mind and any 10 dollar quartz will fit the bill of neccessity. However, after reading your post I can see where you are coming from. I hope you get the watch and really enjoy it and wear it in good health.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've been on the hunt for a different band for this. IIRC, the lugs are 20mm. Is that right?

261 - 280 of 493 Posts