WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like the G-shocks that remind me of when I was a kid. Back to the Future, my dad wore a square. One of my mentors after college wore a Casio calculator. So for me it’s about happy associations. I went nearly 9 years without wearing any watch At all thanks to the advent of the smart phone... but looking for a bracelet for my dad’s ‘77 Seiko sucked me back in.

I don’t really care what anyone else thinks about them, they make me smile and remember a friend or my dad.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Perhaps there will be a post COVID 19 surge in G shocks. I just can’t help but to think that because of the recent influences including but not limited to lockdown, financial insecurity and personal loss that people may come out the other side a bit more pragmatic. Utility seems more important than luxury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Wish I were a boy again.

Reactions: Rocket1991 and FROG

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
The public's perception of G Shock???
Hummm.....given the public's perception in general goes against logic, facts, and functionality I personally don't care what the "public" thinks about anything. I learned if most are doing it, believe it, or think it......then it is wrong.

I like G-Shocks because they serve a purpose and carry out that purpose. They are not homages, and they are their own design. The engineering, technology, and in some cases, the simplicity is a beautiful thing. I am actually more of a classic G-Shock fan as it seems the more simple ones fit my needs the most. But hey, I pretty much like all watches that aren't "smart".

·
Registered
691 Posts
To the OP, one woman does not a public make
My wife has the same opinion: G-Shocks are for children and youngsters. It's not about the cost but about the way they look and the situation when one wears it. Women think of men wearing G-Shocks on a date as imature. There is a time and a place to wear them but not on the first date (if you're over 25) or with shirt at office. Women infer personality traits of the person wearing the watch.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My wife has the same opinion: G-Shocks are for children and youngsters. It's not about the cost but about the way they look and the situation when one wears it. Women think of men wearing G-Shocks on a date as imature. There is a time and a place to wear them but not on the first date (if you're over 25) or with shirt at office. Women infer personality traits of the person wearing the watch.
Me (young and kid at heart) with my kids
3C717FCD-FCED-47F0-9D5F-EE535D11B954.jpeg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
9C15D7FD-86EC-4D0E-AD1C-7CD55FD59BA6.jpeg

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
HELP! I'm so confused... which one am I supposed to wear on a first date???

OR

Going with the candy colored Jason. If she can love you in that, she gets it.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Really? My G-Shock says you haven't got a clue...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If you don’t get a second date due to the watch on your wrist - consider yourself lucky; you’re dodging a bullet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
Really? My G-Shock says you haven't got a clue...

View attachment 15376890
As I don't own a MR-G, I cannot tell you my wife's opinion. You could mail it to me and then I can revert with her feedback ;)

Seriously though, obviously, my comment was referring to the regular G-Shocks as they are the most representative. Also, this is what most women think of G-Shocks, no matter whether we care or not. I assume the people who said they don't care are either married, past their dating age or hopelessly single ;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Concealing true character, personality, and tastes to attract a mate ==> the true foundation of any solid relationship :D
Prdrers NAILED it with his "dodged a bullet" comment. Pretentiousness should be avoided, no?
Truth to be told, women know better than men. When someone doesn't care about how they present themselves in a specific situation, it does say something about the person.

201 - 219 of 219 Posts