WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my next grail.

Just a few quick ques:

The "glashutte" brand that its made by, is it the same one who does the flieger watches?

Is it too big for a 6.75 inch wrist?

How easy is the bezel to turn? the little knobs on it make it look like a great, easy to use bezel.

Does anyone have any pics of one on a strap?

What are your overall impressions?

I know there is lots of info out there, I searched, but this is a great watch to chat about. Its not a waste of bandwidth.

Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
The "glashutte" brand that its made by, is it the same one who does the flieger watches?
Well, the brand is Mühle but what Flieger watches are you talking about. Are you talking about the Mühle "Technik Linie" (Pilot 1 to Pilot 4) ?

Pic by Mühle

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Go for it!!!! It's a well built TANK. The bezel is a little tight to turn but that is a minor detail and not really an issue for us desk divers...Quality feel though...It is a little tall so I don't know how it will wear on your wrist, mine is about 7 3/4" and I felt it was comfortable.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
They are not made by Glashutte Original.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
>>The "glashutte" brand that its made by, is it the same one who does the flieger watches?

Glashutte is home to several different watch manufacturers and fliegers are one of the popular models.

>>Is it too big for a 6.75 inch wrist?

my wrist is the same size. the rasmus fits and isn't overpowering but the bracelet should be worn snug because it's a heavy watch and will slide about if you wear them loose.

>>How easy is the bezel to turn? the little knobs on it make it look like a
>>great, easy to use bezel.

no issues with mine's. i'm told the bezel has less play (which is a good thing) than the DN. i briefly handled a DN at the ocean7 gtg but did not check the bezel.

>>Does anyone have any pics of one on a strap?
>>What are your overall impressions?

search back...there was a lot of discussion on this forum last spring/summer on rasmus and other fricker-made divers. it was sparked by the sawfish and comparisons to the DN and others.

it should work well & look good with a beefy strap as it uses screwtubes, but i haven't seen many pictures of any other than on rubber or bracelet.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Man I'm jealous of that black one Sean. :)

Mike, thanks for posting that one up top. Very cool looking piece!

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
It is a big beast of a watch and they don't get much heavier duty that the Rasmus, unfortunately they don't get much heavier either.

I had one for a while and I think as far as the large Fricker made divers go the Rasmus is the best made, maybe only second to the Dreadnought. It has great fit and finish better than the Atlantis, Saw Fish, SEAL, Nautilus and rivals the Dreadnought closely. The bezel is nicely made and operates smoothly, some don't like the shiny balls but they do actually help grip the bezel. I also owned the JE Atlantis which I liked a little better but I don't think it was made as well as the Rasmus. I liked the bracelet on the Atlantis and the larger diameter dial / crystal and it's case was thinner.

As for fitting a 6.25" wrist, I am not going to try to tell you what watch is going to be good for you but here it is on my 8.25" wrist.

There were two things I did not like that made me get rid of it were first the crystal / dial size compared to the case size was too small and second the darn thing is just too heavy. I came to the realization a while back that I just don't like carrying that much weight on my wrist, your milage may vary.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks, Mühle probably changed the "engine" this year. Never heard that but read it on an AD`s site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts