WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Timex Re-Issue today. Really liking the look, '70s style case shape. Pros of this watch are, look of the watch, finish on the watch, much better than cheaper timex's I've seen and love the indiglo, never had that before very cool. Cons small size, is about 38mm a little smaller than I like, quartz powered, would have liked if they stayed true to the original and made it automatic or mechanical. Also the bracelet is almost impossible to size I cannot understand the directions to size the bracelet. So I changed to a Modena rubber strap I had on another watch. May buy a nice leather strap. All in all I like it, the look overcomes all the cons.|>

Attachments

·
Registered
12,746 Posts
Great pics! What a sweet looking watch. I've had my eye on a couple of these Timex re-issues. And your post is making them seem even more temping.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Very good looking piece. Enjoy it and thanks for posting pics.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I second all the positive comments thus far -- cool looking watch, and I really like your strap choice. If you get a chance, can you please provide a wrist shot? 38mm is a bit disappointing, but I am still very tempted to pick one up....

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,173 Posts
Excellent looker! 38mm is no problem with a vintage look like that.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I had forgot about this one before I read this post. The watch looks great and I just might order the light blue with the tan strap model. For the money the style is the man thing here. It does bother me it's quartz but that's all right. The 18mm lug width will me more of a problem due to strap options. Nice pick up and thanks for reminding me about this one!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Really cool looking and the size is spot on for me....:think:

·
11,874 Posts
Congrats!! I got one of these over Thanksgiving....seems like a pretty cool watch....mine has the blue accents.

·
11,874 Posts
Re my wrist.......Well it's 8.5 inches, it looks OK in the pictures but does seem a bit small when it's on. I like vintage and am OK with wearing smaller pieces.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Very cool. Nice pics.

·
Registered
26,432 Posts
Received my Timex Re-Issue today. Really liking the look, '70s style case shape.
Gorgeous, WG :-! I really love the cushion case & the red accents |> |> |>

My 70s' Timex says hi ;-)

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
That is one sweet, sweet Timex!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts