WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: The Real Final Dial Design...

Hello Janne,

I think indeed that the hands we will receive on our watch will be the standard Laco hands.
The only reason that I've drawn these hands is for the "Blued hands option"
I wanted to make things easier for Laco by doing the design the same time.

So if every body involved with the "Blued hand option" wants to have a look at this setup, maybe that project can take off too.

Greetings,
Frank

I will also post the last two pics in the "Blued Hands" thread.

· Banned
16,020 Posts

Frank! I understand the hands delivered with the watch will be Standard Laco/black. What I meant was, the "Blue Option" hands, surely they are from a standard sortiment from a watch hands manufacturer?
As opposed to being custom made? I know the blueing and lume will be custom, but the hands themselves?

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Frank! I understand the hands delivered with the watch will be Standard Laco/black. What I meant was, the "Blue Option" hands, surely they are from a standard sortiment from a watch hands manufacturer?
As opposed to being custom made? I know the blueing and lume will be custom, but the hands themselves?
I can't tell if Laco was planning to do completely new hands or to look for hands already available but more matching. I will inform at Laco on monday.

Greetings,
Frank

· Registered
116 Posts

Beauuutiful work Frank. Just a technical question here. Is the lume location information included in the file, or is it communicated via a separate file? I know at one time there was some thought to showing the Lume via different color just for our viewing pleasure I suspect, but I just wanted to make sure the information was getting to Larcher indeed. Thanks so much for all this Frank. I see the lume location on Hotnerds post now after looking closer. I will leave this post in place, but the question is answered. Eyes scheduled for check next week!!

bruce

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

Hi everone,

Here my latest version:

What things did I change:

-Horizontal alignment is checked and changed for ALL the numbers on the dial.
The placement was checked again in comparison with Garaventa's picture.

-All the numbers inside the circle were made thicker: from 0.26mm! to 0.30mm!; and yes it makes a difference I think. Who would have thought that 0.04mm could be so important? :-d

- On the outside ring I reviewed some numbers and I've made some tiny changes:
1, 3, 4 and 5. Really tiny things, But they look even better now I think.

And again feel free to comment.

Greetings,
Frank

· Registered
152 Posts

Hi everone,

Here my latest version (...) And again feel free to comment.
Looks good to me! Is it possible to have this scaled for the actual size of the dial with the previous version? - It would be neat to compare the differences in the right scale.

:thanks

· Banned
16,020 Posts

Is it not to lare for these changes? I thought mr P had written that the design is off to the printers?

Anyway, it is very legible now, scaled down to 37mm!
Very well done, FrankB!

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)

Jan,

It is a forumswatch, so it goes to the printers when it's OK for the forummembers.

BTW, I just send Mr Pfeiffer the latest vectorfile, and I can feel it in my big toe that we have it right this time.

I assume that very soon Bhanu will show us the final-final-final-final-V2.0 :-d

I am personally very satisfied with the result now, also thanks to the forummembers' final remarks.

Greetings,
Frank

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Looks good to me! Is it possible to have this scaled for the actual size of the dial with the previous version? - It would be neat to compare the differences in the right scale.

Please be patient for Bhanu's-Laco's final mockup picture. If you print that file 1:1 at 300DPI on photopaper you will see the final result 1:1.

Greetings,
Frank

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

I just received the mockup from herr Pfeiffer for final approval so soon Bhanu will reveil it to the forum...

For me it is perfect now.

Your comments on the previous version were correct and now the dial will be the best compromise from a 55mm to a 42mm watch. It's a real beauty IMHO.

Greetings,
Frank

· Registered
152 Posts

I just received the mockup from herr Pfeiffer for final approval so soon Bhanu will reveil it to the forum...

For me it is perfect now.

Your comments on the previous version were correct and now the dial will be the best compromise from a 55mm to a 42mm watch. It's a real beauty IMHO.

Greetings,
Frank
:-!

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Is it not to lare for these changes? I thought mr P had written that the design is off to the printers?

Anyway, it is very legible now, scaled down to 37mm!
Very well done, FrankB!
Hello Jan,

In fact the dial itself is 38.00mm and the outside diameter of the outside white circle is 36.00mm instead of 37mm.

I double checked that size with Mr. Pfeiffer.

Greetings,
Frank

· Banned
16,020 Posts

Very legible, even in 36mm Diameter! A true Flieger!

· Registered
476 Posts

I find it very gratifying that contributors from this forum have been able to achieve this level of refinement in a special project piece. Based on several posts I have read regarding earlier editions by Laco on similar projects this may well be the finest example to date of a modified reproduction of this classic time piece.

I trully hope that Laco in some manner acknowledges this fact in a written statement of some kind to be included with this watch. I would personally like to go on record as thanking all who had a hand in this project for making it possible with a special shout out to frank be.

Laco's stock in general will most certainly rise upon the completion and release of this trully Special Edition time piece.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.