WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I know several people wanted to see this so I'll start it, although I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who got the watch.

Here goes. Wrist shot of the totally wearable:-! 20,000 feet. I have 7" wrists, and to my surprise, it does not look too big. I have seen several watches that look much bigger on a wrist and that sit much less comfortably.

It is surprisingly hefty given that it is entirely made out of Titanium, but there is lots of it so... I like the finish which is brushed all over. Titanium usually comes in bead/sand blasted finish which I am not a huge fan of, and rarely comes in this sort of form, so I like that about it as well.

The movement runs perfect on mine. Just +1s/day for now. Can't ask for much more!

And the lume rocks too, by the way. You can't mistake the hour hand for the minute hand, since their shapes are different, and I really think that those hands are just the perfect size. Not too big, not too small, not too much alike. And the seconds hand has lume as well, which is an improvement from the 12,000 feet.

Lastly, the crystal, despite being as thick as it gets, is actually highly readable, even when looking at the watch at an angle (I mean a reasonable angle, unlike the picture).

Anyway... 'nuff said. Enjoy!

·
2,305 Posts
Looks good, but I still think its too thick. Take some more shot of this beast. The case finishing looks very nice, wish they had taken some off the height and added to the width. Wear it in good health and please post more pics.

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
It's about time someone here took the plunge; so, on behalf of all of us here, I thank you, Nehoc.

Now, as for your wrist knuckle, all I can say is, "wow". That is one watch that I'd hate to meet in a dark alley. Wear it in good health, and be sure to alternate wrists to keep your arms of equal size. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

PS - More pics.

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Nehoc - you are a legend:-!:-!

Watch looks v.nicely polished/brushed - case looks awesome

But as others above: WE NEED MORE PICS - LOTS OF THEM FROM EVERY ANGLE - with comparisons to one or two watches we all know

PLEASE

I would also like to hear about how the ordering/purchasing process went - time taken after order placed, customer care etc

s

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
That is a serious watch. Careful that small planes don't try to land on it at night.
Great 1st post Meaculpa (what are you feeling guilty about??)

welcome to the forum

I dont think planes could land on it though - maybe helicopters:-x

si

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm another nut that jumped on a 20,000 feet (about 3 months ago). I would have posted about this last week but have no way of posting pictures -which would have gotten me shot. It does look good on your 7" wrist. My ham hocks are 8.25 - 8.5 and it still works. If you can pull off the height, they could have made it bigger like my 12,000 feet to even it out to make it more stack of pancakes than tall birthday cake but i guess then it would push it from average size back into the epic diameters. It's close to my daily beater argonaut 1000 just taller. I like the sculpted (not rectangular) lugs and the lack of soda can sides. The crown and pushers are maybe my second favorite if not a tie to my csar's. The curved sapphire makes the dial look like it's on the bottom of a bucket far down. I was a little worried about the carbon fiber dial but it is perfectly readable with the sub dials and date looking machined into their own wells. The seconds hand is brolick with plenty of lume on that little guy. The ti is light, close to the weight of my sd600. The bracelet is very nice with big oyster style links that have all screw in pins and a slight taper (that needs a little more care to refinish though i think i will live with the wabi than mess with this hybrid blast/brush look). The bracelet is so roomy i actually have a spare link but the only thing about it is that they added micro adjustment and took away the diver's extension that helps me shoehorn my ham fists in. This watch shares attributes with the other pieces in my current rotation and won't be sitting on the sidelines. If this is your first door knocker, be very careful because you don't notice the weight of the watch and may walk around with abandon but the bezel works very well and is *extremely agressive*. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hi all!

I know several people wanted to see this so I'll start it, although I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who got the watch.

Here goes. Wrist shot of the totally wearable:-! 20,000 feet. I have 7" wrists, and to my surprise, it does not look too big. I have seen several watches that look much bigger on a wrist and that sit much less comfortably.

It is surprisingly hefty given that it is entirely made out of Titanium, but there is lots of it so... I like the finish which is brushed all over. Titanium usually comes in bead/sand blasted finish which I am not a huge fan of, and rarely comes in this sort of form, so I like that about it as well.

The movement runs perfect on mine. Just +1s/day for now. Can't ask for much more!

And the lume rocks too, by the way. You can't mistake the hour hand for the minute hand, since their shapes are different, and I really think that those hands are just the perfect size. Not too big, not too small, not too much alike. And the seconds hand has lume as well, which is an improvement from the 12,000 feet.

Lastly, the crystal, despite being as thick as it gets, is actually highly readable, even when looking at the watch at an angle (I mean a reasonable angle, unlike the picture).

Anyway... 'nuff said. Enjoy!

Looks great, love a huge diver, the only thing I would prefer is a non-chronograph. I would love to see the dial on that, also curious about the cost of such a fine timepiece.....|>

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I'll try to post more pics tomorrow!

Just to reply to a question, though, it did take a while to get here. The odering process was smooth with Christoph who is great to deal with, but since this was a new model, CX had several delays for their planned launch. About 1 month 1/2 delay overall which is not that bad.

I would refer you guys to Christoph for the price. I believe that he is pretty much the only AD in the US for CX military, and he has very good prices compared to the ones that are listed on CX's website.

cheers!
Dan

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
For how big it is, they did a great job on the case/lug design. Managing to make that watch flow is no small feet. I could never pull it off, looks good on your wrist! Nice and big congrats.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.