WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultra-flat Luch watch are usually fitted with one of the most refined Russian movement : the 23 jewel 2209 caliber .

I like very much my Luch watch that is 20 micron gold plated. Recently I noticed that the watch gained too much, and I wanted to have a look to regulate or inspect it. The clipsed back should be lifted with a blade of a "Bergeon" knife and I was very confident to open it. Unfortunately the blabe engaged more quickly that expeted, and I heavily damaged the spiral that is just in front of the place to lift the case back.:oops:

The sad result is a spiral folded on several coils :-(. I tempted to restore it, but it finally broke definitively. No other choice than to find another Luch and to transplant the balance and its hairspring.

I found one exactly for this purpose :

Incidentaly, I noticed that the crown of the two watches are exactly the same. I was doudtful of its originality. Either the same remplacement stock of the same watchmaker (Ukraine) or it is really the original Luch crown.

I transplanted the whole cock/racket/balance on my faulty Luch, and it goes even better than before (less than +/- 5s per day).

The new balance wheel has a mobile stud and an ELinvar balance wheel (no masses of compensation). I keep the rest carefully on a side. To have a stock of spare parts.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Congratulations, Marc. That is a BEAUTIFUL Luch! :gold

I think I've seen that movement before. Hmmmmmm... ;-)

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
You are not the only author of a similar damage. Some time ago, i damaged a Pobeda balance wheel in the same way. My desire was to use it to fix another Pobeda (Olympic 1980), but the screwdriver penetrated too much in the case and targeted exactly the spiral O|O|
I was very angry, and i decided to fix the watch later. :-(
Anyway, congratulations for your Luch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts