WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 12 years ago, my old 6900 finally died. I knew it was a battery but nobody would change it. I always heard that they needed to go back to Casio. I was in the mood for a new G Shock so went and bought a new watch. After 12 years, it finally died the other day. I took it by a local jeweler and he said he would take a look at it. I decided to shop around and discovered this site. I just ordered a GX-56. I also checked out how to change a battery in the forums here. I figured that I could do it so ran and got a new battery. So with a little screw driver, a pocket knife, and a paperclip, I changed out the battery. After all these years, an old friend is working again and still sporting the Fat Eddy's watchband. Now I need to go by the jeweler tomorrow and get my other watch from him and fix it myself. Also think she deserves a new band. Might have to give a Zulu a try. Just not sure if they are big enough to fit my fat wrist.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome bruv,
Its good to resurrect an oldie isn't it! I did the same with my DW-002 from 1995. The only thing is, you came here to the WUS forum. It's the beginning of the end for you and your wallet im afraid. Run away now while you still have the chance or risk becoming a G-Shockaholic like me and the rest of the crew on here. Your gonna find that there are a whole host of G-Shocks that you like which will eclips your love for you oldie and then you will realize that you've been captured by the G-Shock police and taken into custody lol! Enjoy your stay bruv.
Mike

About 12 years ago, my old 6900 finally died. I knew it was a battery but nobody would change it. I always heard that they needed to go back to Casio. I was in the mood for a new G Shock so went and bought a new watch. After 12 years, it finally died the other day. I took it by a local jeweler and he said he would take a look at it. I decided to shop around and discovered this site. I just ordered a GX-56. I also checked out how to change a battery in the forums here. I figured that I could do it so ran and got a new battery. So with a little screw driver, a pocket knife, and a paperclip, I changed out the battery. After all these years, an old friend is working again and still sporting the Fat Eddy's watchband. Now I need to go by the jeweler tomorrow and get my other watch from him and fix it myself. Also think she deserves a new band. Might have to give a Zulu a try. Just not sure if they are big enough to fit my fat wrist.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am afraid you guys are right. The bad part is my 9 year old is wanting one also. He has been looking online with me at all the choices. I am afraid he is hooked also. Problem is he doesn't have a job. I think I know what Santa is going to bring him this year.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I had a DW-2000 with a dead battery that was long since discontinued... and after a number of posts and inquiries across the span of a year, I finally learned of a suitable replacement battery. And did that bring my old friend to life? No, unfortunately. I concluded that the module somehow died (it does happen sometimes, even without battery leakage). But that didn't stop me. It took another year before I eventually secured a beat up example with a working module, and it fit right into place. The old friend was back in service, with a new heart. So, I can kind of relate. ;-) Feels good, doesn't it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts