WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you for this very informative post, it is interesting to see how the model’s design has evolved. Personally, I think Omega shouldn’t have strayed from its roots as the original 50’s designs cannot be beat.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
nice work, enjoyed the view through the past
200 009.jpg
not to sound picky but the 166.068 you show with the dark dial, the dial is not the gray "poppy" but is from the 166.0177 SMOH, one of my 166.068 had one till I found a "banana" dial years ago
the one on the left is a SMOH dial, middle is the "banana" on the right is the "poppy"

I did manage to find 2 more "banana" dials eventually
200 011.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
From the first post, the "Blake" seamasters.
Both examples are labeled as 2231 models but I have seen them labeled as both 2231 and 2232.

Can anyone please help clarify the correct model numbers for the titanium versions?

I want to find a titanium version with the speedy bracelet and the blue face, but I am not sure what the correct model number is.
I thought the 2231 was with the Bond bracelet
and the 2232 was with the speedy bracelet.

I know the suffixes are for .50 black and .80 blue

seamaster titanium.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you for this very informative post, it is interesting to see how the model’s design has evolved. Personally, I think Omega shouldn’t have strayed from its roots as the original 50’s designs cannot be beat.
I think what would've been interesting is how this would've changed things for Omega... Would we have a more Rolex-like thing happening with them at this point?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I think what would've been interesting is how this would've changed things for Omega... Would we have a more Rolex-like thing happening with them at this point?
I like both the vintage and more modern looking Omega divers. The main reason is that they did evolve their own lineage and not converge as a Rolex-like looking diver. The arrow hands of the PO date back to vintage divers and the Ranchero from the late 1950s. Cool.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Great post!
Our 22 year old 40th Anniversary SMP.
Keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny!

Cheers....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you for putting this post together. Trying to understand all the variants of the Seamaster is an extremely confusing exercise, given how the design has changed so much over the decades. This will now be my go to thread in trying to understand all the models.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very cool.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts