WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
My Aquis with the Sellita SW200-1 runs -11 a day.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It is positional variance you are experiencing which is not uncommon. Do you know how old your watch actually is? I didn't see that in your original post. If it's over four years old and was worn often by the original owner, it may benefit from a service which would include a regulation. If done right, you should see an increase in accuracy all around.
What position do you rest it?
Mine is +6-8 /day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My Big Crown ProPilot GMT (Oris 748/SW200-1) gained 10 secs/day when brand new. Now running +4 secs/day. It's still too early to tell but happy with it's accuracy so far.

But really, with an SW200 or ETA2824, if it's running within +10 secs/day, it's running well within spec. If you want more accuracy, get it regulated or go with a quartz watch.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just got an Aquis on February 1, 2016. When I keep it on my wrist, it's running less than 1-2 sec / day. If I set it down over night, face up, and let it get to room temperature, it runs fast by about 4-5 sec / day. We'll see what kind of accuracy it gets when it's broken in a little. I'm sure it will drift a little bit, but out of the box it's keeping fantastic time. I couldn't be more pleased with it. I really do believe that if you're an accuracy freak you should get your movement regulated, or just buy quartz.

Consider the price of the Aquis, and then look at the competition. What other watch at the $1k range has a regulated movement? Probably not too many.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I appreciate the later responses to this thread and am ecstatic that the watches of the contributors of these posts are running as well as they are. However, I did state earlier that my watch is running fine; so, comment suggesting that I purchase a quartz, if I "want" better accuracy are unnecessary. It is important to read through the entire thread, any thread, to see how things transpire before adding your later response which may be irrelevant at that point.

For what it's worth...when I wear my Aquis, day in and day out, it gains 3 to 4 seconds per day. It is only when I wear anther watch and let my Aquis rest, regardless of its position, that it seems to gain what I consider an unacceptable mount of. During those periods of rest I hand wind it to make sure that the power reserve doesn't deplete to the point of the watch stopping all together.

I really hope that this is the final contribution to this thread but if not I hope that subsequent contributors take the time to read through its entirety before making unwelcome suggestions.

Have a nice day where ever you are!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I won't mention the brand, but my less than 6 month watch with sw200-1 date complication have failed.
Its my fault that I use the quick set date function during the "danger" period.... I did not bother to read the manual :-(

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
Got a Divers 65 about a month ago, and all I can say it that I have been pleasantly surprised by the accuracy. Although I don't wear the watch every day, when I do I make sure to give it a good wind every day. That really seems to help. As it has a screw down crown, though, I don't want to unscrew it too often, as I feel it will prematurely wear down the thread.
The Oris manual states: "Oris watches are checked and set at the workshop, so daily rate varitation is within a tolerance range of -5 to +20 seconds per day." (that would apply to the Sellita movements). "Chronometers (I assume it refers to the inhouse movements only) are set and tested to tighter tolerance ranges than this.....".
Personally, I have found the Sellita movement to be more accurate than any Chronometer Certified watches I have owned, including Breitling and Omega. Perhaps I am just lucky, though.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts