WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the vi rage already. And personally I prefer the previous batch of classic dial with the text.

Furthermore, I've got my sights set on something else.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have the vi rage already. And personally I prefer the previous batch of classic dial with the text.

Furthermore, I've got my sights set on something else.
Alright.. clear enough now, i prefer the previous dial scripting-lume as well and really i don't care about screws.
Nice upgrade anyway.

cheers.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Not digging the logo on the bottom half of the dial. Screws are nice though I suppose.

Glad I scored one the first time around. If only I hadn't dragged my feet and missed out on the vintage...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the record the watch in the pics ain't mine. I took some while at ander's shop just now.

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
Contacts. Wear it well.

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Alright.. clear enough now, i prefer the previous dial scripting-lume as well and really i don't care about screws.
Nice upgrade anyway.

cheers.
I have to disagree. For me the main selling point of this batch are the changes they made. I don't like the C1 lume on the old version (in my experience C1 sucks), and I don't like the standard text on the old model because it just looks like everything else. This new model apparently has C3 lume (which is very nice), and I think the Squale logo at the "6" position on the dial looks great! I don't think I ultimately would've bought this if they didn't release this version.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have to disagree. For me the main selling point of this batch are the changes they made. I don't like the C1 lume on the old version (in my experience C1 sucks), and I don't like the standard text on the old model because it just looks like everything else. This new model apparently has C3 lume (which is very nice), and I think the Squale logo at the "6" position on the dial looks great! I don't think I ultimately would've bought this if they didn't release this version.
Glad you disagree since variety is the spice of life my friend.
I can guarantee you.. the C1 lume used in the previous batch does NOT suck at all, and believe it or not, it's strong long-lasting and evenly applied.
On the other hand, i can't say the same thing for the C3 lume used in the O1VR for example which i owned and it did suck, very poor and unevenly applied.
As for the dial and screws.. it's all about a personal taste, nothing wrong nothing arguable.

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Glad you disagree since variety is the spice of life my friend.
I can guarantee you.. the C1 lume used in the previous batch does NOT suck at all, and believe it or not, it's strong long-lasting and evenly applied.
On the other hand, i can't say the same thing for the C3 lume used in the O1VR for example which i owned and it did suck, very poor and unevenly applied.
As for the dial and screws.. it's all about a personal taste, nothing wrong nothing arguable.
Well I understand. However, my Ocean One Black has unevenly applied C1, so that probably accounts for my bias. However, My O1VR is very evenly applied C3 and glows super bright and clear. Maybe it's really more a question of quality control as opposed to actual material? Also, I didn't mean to say "suck." sounds a bit harsh now that I am re-reading it. I still would buy the old batch, it's just that personally and in my humble opinion I just like the look of the green lume and the new logo a bit better. I guess it just goes to show, sometimes we all get carried away...anyway, thanks for the response.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts