·
Registered
4,572 Posts
They look great! Nice pics.

·
Registered
954 Posts
they both look great!

any thoughts on the difference between the 2? ive been looking hard at both for the past few months and am torn..prefer the look of the 656 by a hair but prefer the price of the 556

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
They both look the same to me? :-s

(inside joke guys, don't flame me :-d)

Your photo skills are just off the charts Kenneth. Glad you are feeling the Sinn fever. :-!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I never liked it by photo*, but the 556 looks absolutely stunning in the flesh.

After seeing one I will probably sell a few watches. It's simply all the watch I need.

*that is, until saw these wonderful shots. They finally do the 556 justice. I don't like NATOS straps on watches, but I love these shots.

·
Registered
13 Posts
they both look great!

any thoughts on the difference between the 2? ive been looking hard at both for the past few months and am torn..prefer the look of the 656 by a hair but prefer the price of the 556
i'm in exactly the same predicament, are the bold numbers really worth £200 more? (prices from on jurawatches.co.uk) but is there a price for comprimise, i fear if i go with the 556 every time i look down and see it i will wish it was the 656 every time i see it. Still undecided! :-s

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm in exactly the same predicament, are the bold numbers really worth £200 more? (prices from on jurawatches.co.uk) but is there a price for comprimise, i fear if i go with the 556 every time i look down and see it i will wish it was the 656 every time i see it. Still undecided! :-s
Right now the lead goes to the 656. I`m a sucker for a black matt dial and the big numbers on the dial just rock my world! The beadblasted finish of the case on the 656 is more to my liking aswell, I only wish it came with the seethrough caseback. I just love looking at the caseback of the 556.
I say go for the 656, you`ll forget about the extra $$ soon enough.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I think a few years ago (I may be wrong) the 556 was 100m wr and the 656 was 200m wr, that's why there was a price difference, but now they are the same :-s.

·
Registered
197 Posts
so the finish on the dials and cases are not the same?

they look the same??
556: Brushed steel case and glossy black dial
656: Bead blasted steel case and matte black dial

I prefer the 556 myself, the glossy black looks like a much deeper black, whereas the 656 looks more grey in comparison. I'm not much of a fan of bead blasted finishes, as you can't just brush out fine scratches like you can with brushed cases.

Checkout Rambam's other thread for some more great photos of the 556:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f24/got-my-first-sinn-556-a-430286.html

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
My advice is to see them in person, get yourself up to London and pop into the Jura shop. That's what I did and as soon as I tried on the 656 on the bracelet I knew I had to have it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
after a few posts and some awesome pohots still 556 is the best model of Sinn lucky guy.o|

it's true that price is also another reason to buy 556 :-! in now days :rodekaart

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
is there any info on what the little marking on the dial is, on the 656?

the little symbol at "high" 6 o'clock??
It's an anti-magnetic symbol. Or rather a symbol that denotes that the watch is anti-magnetic symbol.

Nice username! GPB is one of my favourite movies.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts