WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a long time favourite, but it took my long time before I could finally add one to my collection. It was one of the "must haves" I read about when I started collecting two years ago. It's a Slava medical watch. You wait for the seconds hand to be in vertical position (at 12 or at 6) and count 15 heart beats. The inner scale then tell the pulse. This one is mechanical, but there is also a quartz version.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Very cool - I've never seen the mechanical version, only the quartz version.
Very strange - till now i have seen only the mechanical version :-s

Probably you refer to "medical" watches from other factories. Luch, Raketa, Chaika made medical watches, all with quartz movements.

But the Slava is the most known and appreciated, because of several factors - mechanical movement, rectangular shape, vertical day-date window and a very distinctive look.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michele, I believe you are correct about the quartz versions originating from other factories. I was thinking about the Chaika medical which had a very similar dial layout to the Slava.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Nice watch! a few years ago I could have bought one fo 40 Eur, but I don't like too much medical things they are somewhat scary so I decided to pass... BTW every single sovietic russian watch I didn't buy it would be now at least 4x the original value ;-)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice watch! a few years ago I could have bought one fo 40 Eur, but I don't like too much medical things they are somewhat scary so I decided to pass... BTW every single sovietic russian watch I didn't buy it would be now at least 4x the original value ;-)
And in another few years, the same might happen again, judging by the current price trajectories.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is a really great concept. I wish such watches were still made. I'd buy two in a heart beat.
And I've got to say, that red strap looks quite nice on it, too. Kind of has a "red cross" type of look to it. Distinctly medical but quite stylish as well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.