WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a long time favourite, but it took my long time before I could finally add one to my collection. It was one of the "must haves" I read about when I started collecting two years ago. It's a Slava medical watch. You wait for the seconds hand to be in vertical position (at 12 or at 6) and count 15 heart beats. The inner scale then tell the pulse. This one is mechanical, but there is also a quartz version.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
That is COOL! Beautiful condition, congratulations! :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Congratulations, and it appears to be in immaculate condition. I've been looking for quite some time myself.
Will you wear this watch? If not, is that to protect it from damage or other reasons?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Never seen one - VERY cool. Interesting and unique concept, and really a great looking piece.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Very cool - I've never seen the mechanical version, only the quartz version.

What movement did they use for these?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Malakim, the movement is the 2428; hand wound, double main springs. Gravit, yes I'll wear this watch. I actually wear all of my watches, with two exceptions.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Very cool - I've never seen the mechanical version, only the quartz version.
Very strange - till now i have seen only the mechanical version :-s

Probably you refer to "medical" watches from other factories. Luch, Raketa, Chaika made medical watches, all with quartz movements.

But the Slava is the most known and appreciated, because of several factors - mechanical movement, rectangular shape, vertical day-date window and a very distinctive look.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Cool watch!!! That one looks to be in near mint condition. Quite an interesting piece.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michele, I believe you are correct about the quartz versions originating from other factories. I was thinking about the Chaika medical which had a very similar dial layout to the Slava.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Probably you refer to "medical" watches from other factories. Luch, Raketa, Chaika made medical watches, all with quartz movements.
Ah, you are right - I was thinking of the medical Chaika quartz that appears on the 'bay from time to time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very cool. Watches with very specific functions like this one would make for an interesting theme for collecting.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Nice watch! a few years ago I could have bought one fo 40 Eur, but I don't like too much medical things they are somewhat scary so I decided to pass... BTW every single sovietic russian watch I didn't buy it would be now at least 4x the original value ;-)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice watch! a few years ago I could have bought one fo 40 Eur, but I don't like too much medical things they are somewhat scary so I decided to pass... BTW every single sovietic russian watch I didn't buy it would be now at least 4x the original value ;-)
And in another few years, the same might happen again, judging by the current price trajectories.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is a really great concept. I wish such watches were still made. I'd buy two in a heart beat.
And I've got to say, that red strap looks quite nice on it, too. Kind of has a "red cross" type of look to it. Distinctly medical but quite stylish as well.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Slightly off topic, but Aristo do an automatic pulse watch (4h124 with ETA 2824-2), not quite as nice though

1 - 20 of 48 Posts