WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
"Medical" watches - one of my favourite collector's themes.
My collection:

-Agat stopwatch
-Raketa quartz with gilded case/black inscriptions
-Raketa quartz with chrome case/blue inscriptions
-Luch quartz
-Slava 2428
-Slava 2428 "KFG" (still mysterious to me :-s)
-"Cronografo medico 1960", made in the '80/90s with Raketa 2609 inside, made as promotional item for ANTRA (anti-ulcer drug)

All these watches have the heart rate scale. Still missing the Chaika quartz.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My collection:

-Agat stopwatch
-Luch quartz
-Slava 2428
-"Cronografo medico 1960", made in the '80/90s with Raketa 2609 inside, made as promotional item for ANTRA (anti-ulcer drug)

View attachment 492641
I'm browsing from my phone so I can't read the faces too well. What is the one on the bottom row with bracelet and 4 o'clock crown?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I'm browsing from my phone so I can't read the faces too well. What is the one on the bottom row with bracelet and 4 o'clock crown?
That's the Luch, perhaps the most unusual of the bunch. It has a quite rare quartz movement (caliber 1956, differently from the more common 23 and 30 mm Russian quartz movements).

Also, it works with a not very diffused battery (type 384). Neverthless, it has a stunning precision even for a quartz - it loses very few seconds per year!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My collection:

-Agat stopwatch
-Luch quartz
-Slava 2428

Fine collection!
Oddly, you miss the most common of these, the Chaika medical watch.
Is there a reason? :think:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Fine collection!
Oddly, you miss the most common of these, the Chaika medical watch.
Is there a reason? :think:
I never found one in decent conditions, for a decent price, but i admit i'm not searching very accurately.
I was close to buying a NOS one from an Italian guy, but he was kinda greedy (he wanted more than € 60,00 if i'm not wrong). Too much for a very small quartz watch.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
It looks like a mix of at least two watches to me, but I'm no good with Slava watches.
It's evidently a mix of 2 watches. The "medical" Slava was based on a classic dial in the same case (see another example below, pic taken from Internet).

Most likely, the crystal on the original watch was damaged, so the whole case was probably replaced with another one from a "non-medical" one.

Also, it is possible that the guy who fitted the "medical" dial/movement in that case did not manage to replace the rehaut, in order to not risk to break the hard-to-find crystal (the rehaut can be changed only removing the crystal), so he kept that black rehaut with Roman numbers.

The pic below is also an example of how it's hard to fix the watch without proper parts - the date disk on this one has been replaced with a standard one (from models with day/date at 3 'o clock), but it should have a specific date disk made for that vertical window.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Lucidor, as post is slowing down let me add to my "like" by saying very nice watch!

And now I would like to know which two of your watches do you not wear?

Cheers!
Thank you.

Actually there are currently three watches I do not wear: The Vostok two crown diver (because of rarity), the 1952 Shturmanskie with original box and possible strap (because of preservation), and the old K-43 once owned by a high KGB officer (because of its troubled history).

·
Registered
79 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
There's also a chrome version of the Raketa.

[EDIT - just noticed the same chrome Raketa in Michele's photo above]

Mark - on the topic of quartz movements (which, as exemplified in the photos here, are often identical across two or more watch factories) - do you know anything about where these movements were made? I find it hard to believe that all Russian watch factories took up the production of identical quartz modules for themselves.

Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I always thought these were cool. I have been looking at a few across the web and put them on my long list.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.