WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect that the SLGH005 is going to be a very successful model, and figured I'd make a dedicated thread so that folks can share their photographs, videos and thoughts here.

I bought my first Grand Seiko about a month ago (Four Seasons SBGA415) and made the terrible mistake of visiting the Nature of Time pop-up in NYC last week. I'm already thinking of my next GS, and I think it's going to be the White Birch.

I was fortunate enough to try on a demo unit (locked movement) of the SLGH005, as well as the SLGH003, and I was blown away by the new case design. It was unbelievably comfortable on wrist, and I realized once again how difficult it is to capture a Grand Seiko on camera, because none of these pictures do it justice. But here they are anyway!

And here's some photographs with my SBGA415, just to let it know it might have a sibling sometime this year.

And the SLGH003 since I mentioned it:

I'm sold on this new case design, and I can't wait to see more folks get theirs and share photographs!

·
Registered
826 Posts
It sure looks magnificent... especially in your pictures 3,4,5, and 6. I don't particularly like how it looks in the harsh light, but in the flatter light it looks spectacular. Not sure I'm convinced it provides double the value of a snowflake, but that's a separate issue. And that SLGH003 is a stunner as well. Can't wait to see these in person one day.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sure looks magnificent... especially in your pictures 3,4,5, and 6. I don't particularly like how it looks in the harsh light, but in the flatter light it looks spectacular. Not sure I'm convinced it provides double the value of a snowflake, but that's a separate issue. And that SLGH003 is a stunner as well. Can't wait to see these in person one day.
The harsh light photographs are what put me on pause w.r.t to the Birch. I decided I'd see it in person passing final judgement and I think it is a lot more pleasant than photographs make it appear. Showroom lights don't do this watch any favors, which is why I managed to grab a few shots outdoors too.

My only gripe about the white birch is that the blue second hand pinion is "uncapped". The snowflake seconds hand looks better because it is nicely capped.
I don't understand this either. The snowflake and skyflake have caps, but my Winter (SBGA415) does not. And now the Birch doesn't either. 🤷‍♂️

You say that your photos don’t do the WB justice but I think they have a damn good try at it. (y)
Thanks the kind words!

The only one to blame is my wife😉😁
I am going to buy the White Birch, SLGH005.
It will be delivered to me this weekend.
I am excited and looking forward to the watch almost like I did with my first watch.
I am especially excited to see the caliber.
Will report, of course I let speak also pictures.
Awesome, congratulations! Please share photographs as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The harsh light photographs are what put me on pause w.r.t to the Birch. I decided I'd see it in person passing final judgement and I think it is a lot more pleasant than photographs make it appear. Showroom lights don't do this watch any favors, which is why I managed to grab a few shots outdoors too.

Awesome, congratulations! Please share photographs as soon as it arrives.
Thanks, yes I will definitely do that. Also an unboxing I will document pictorially.
Too bad I have no experience in blogging or vlogging, otherwise I would have also shot a video.
Outdoor photos, also on the wrist I will definitely make, because I am also interested in whether possibly the dial, as some say, looks like tin foil in certain situations.
But where are your outdoor photos, can‘t see them?

·
Premium Member
36,142 Posts
Excellent review of a very good looking watch. I too would think this model will be very popular.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome photos! They def do the watch justice, some of the best I’ve seen. I’ve been waiting for almost two months for mine. Seems to be a very slow rollout of this model.

·
Registered
211 Posts
694C2030-EC82-4762-99C9-D9BFEBC76587.jpeg

The package has already arrived this afternoon.
Now it's time to unpack.
But I'm not sure if I should post so many pictures now, or just describe my impression here.
Probably the TS has already posted enough meaningful pictures.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does anyone know when the date should switch on the new caliber?
My watch switches just under 9 minutes after midnight.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
View attachment 15840667

The package has already arrived this afternoon.
Now it's time to unpack.
But I'm not sure if I should post so many pictures now, or just describe my impression here.
Probably the TS has already posted enough meaningful pictures.
You MUST post as many pictures as humanly possible. It is the requirement of this thread :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thank you.
My problem is now, that I need to shorten the bracelet.
I‘ll do it tomorrow.
I think that I‘ll also post some Pics from the caliber, which is really incredible and beautiful.
These pics will be better than the pics where taken with my old iPhone 6s😉

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats! That's a really beautiful piece. I'll be curious to hear how much it picks up and reflects silver and grey more than white. I see a lot of pics where it really shows grey, and looks fantastic.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts