WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear ladies, gents,

I came across ads on Instagram (yes I know...) for a product I could initially not believe is actually real: invisi-shield. Basically, it's like a full-body protective film for Rolex watches. Although judging from their site, it all looks pretty well manufactured and clean, but I do wonder: why would anyone even want to do this to their watch? I mean, I'm no fan of scratches or general wear, but isn't the point for them to be worn? I'm wondering what type of watch owners would buy such a thing, as I can somewhat understand the concept, but when I actually think about it it just seems preposterous. I am very curious on your opinions and in the worst scenario; at least I took your mind of today's election-hectic ☕ :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The only time that this product would make sense is on clasps since they're not a prominent visual feature of the watch and they get scratched on desk surfaces fairly often.

On the case or crystal? No thanks. Feel like it would negatively impact the "light play" of the watch.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
There was a similar product advertised here called Styx that was instantly ridiculed:
Both Invisi-shield and Styx are, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, the dumbest products for watches ever. If there is a dumber product, please post. It would be cheaper and just as classy just to leave the cling wrap on a new watch.

·
Premium Member
6,662 Posts
Reactions: plohmann

·
Registered
3,784 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
$92 for plastic film? 😂
And consider that the same film for phones had been in the market for years and at much cheaper $5 or less, you might as well cut it yourself to apply on the watch. That is if you really want to subject yourself to ridicule.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$92 for plastic film? 😂
And consider that the same film for phones had been in the market for years and at much cheaper $5 or less, you might as well cut it yourself to apply on the watch. That is if you really want to subject yourself to ridicule.
Yeah it looked pretty expensive to me as well, but I think you're paying for the cutouts and the fact that they're obviously targeting a specific demographic.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Dear ladies, gents,

I came across ads on Instagram (yes I know...) for a product I could initially not believe is actually real: invisi-shield. Basically, it's like a full-body protective film for Rolex watches. Although judging from their site, it all looks pretty well manufactured and clean, but I do wonder: why would anyone even want to do this to their watch? I mean, I'm no fan of scratches or general wear, but isn't the point for them to be worn? I'm wondering what type of watch owners would buy such a thing, as I can somewhat understand the concept, but when I actually think about it it just seems preposterous. I am very curious on your opinions and in the worst scenario; at least I took your mind of today's election-hectic ☕ :D
Only Rolex watches? God, they really don't help themselves, do they. The world really, really needs to get off Instagram :).

Anyway there are no type of watch owners who use this rubbish, at least none who aren't insane. Everyone knows that the best way to protect your cool ROLAX piece is bubblewrap and plenty of Elmer's glue to stop the water getting in.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Do they make some for G-Shocks?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Do they make some for G-Shocks?
I don't know if any of you have tried applying those film protectors to phone screens or car bumpers, but they are such a pain to stick down because the corners eventually peel upward and collect dust, dirt and debris.

Even as a joke, applying that film to all the peaks and valleys of a G-Shock would test anyone's patience.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts