WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21941 - 21952 of 21952 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,336 Posts
Thanks brother @5959HH

She was surprised that I gave it to her as she thought I was on a mission to buy a watch.

I didn’t think the taupe colour would work but this needs to be seen in the metal and the dial is simply beautiful.
Only question mark to me is the strap. I’m not too enthusiastic about rivets, even on a pilot watch, and also wondered if she might need a shorter strap? Since I started flying as a teenager, I’ve always had a thing for pilot watches as well.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
As I’ve said before, the SM300 is my favorite of all the Omegas. Did you say you FOUND that SM300 on the beach or WORE it to the beach?
Oh no, I took this watch with me on vacation to Hawaii. Brother @Sappie66 jokingly asked if I found it on the beach and I played along.

The only cool thing that I ever found on a beach was a seashell. 😂

Reactions: 5959HH

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
They have to, like I said, they are struggling to sell them
Right, I know. Sadly, of the few people I know personally who have a Giulia or Stelvio, they’ve either been lemoned or in the service center every other month. I think I know one person who still has a Guilia base model and I think he just traded it in for a used M3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
It makes sense to lease an Alfa. $499/mo isn't much more than I was paying for my Civic.

Although I kinda wonder if they'll prorate your monthly payment if it spends too many days in the shop. If you only have it for two weeks and the other two weeks it's being fixed, you should owe $250.

Hmm. Okay — which car brand is brave enough to run a lease like that?
I don’t think it would be Alfa! I’ve known too many who are in the service center every other month or who have ended up returning the car under the lemon law.

I actually don’t know what Alfa’s lease prices are, the $499/mo quote was for a Maserati Ghibli! Talk about not being able to sell!

·
Premium Member
12,336 Posts

I’ve worn this PAM00574 off and on for the past three days. At precisely 10:45 AM on August 11th, I wound this watch that has a three-day manual winding P.1000 in-house movement, and set it to the atomic clock.

Over that time span it has gained precisely 3 seconds each day. I thought I’d start losing time toward the end of its power reserve, but it’s still running strong, and has gained 9 seconds over the past 72 hours. I’m curious to see what time it finally quits running. Anyhow it makes a great watch to wear in rotation as I generally rotate ever 2-3 days.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Right, I know. Sadly, of the few people I know personally who have a Giulia or Stelvio, they’ve either been lemoned or in the service center every other month. I think I know one person who still has a Guilia base model and I think he just traded it in for a used M3

One of the F.A.s in our office just did a lease on a Stelvio. He said it's $200/month cheaper than his previous Mercedes SUV lease.

Reactions: SaMaster14

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Reactions: 5959HH

·
Premium Member
12,336 Posts
Oh no, I took this watch with me on vacation to Hawaii. Brother @Sappie66 jokingly asked if I found it on the beach and I played along.

The only cool thing that I ever found on a beach was a seashell.
Obviously I’m just messing with you, although it is perfectly acceptable to lie at every opportunity to Brother @Sappie66 at every opportunity.

21941 - 21952 of 21952 Posts