WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

48381 - 48400 of 49882 Posts

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
20,727 Posts
Random OoO thought/tip....
I am a coffee FIEND. I crave it, I love it and can not live without it in the morning. 6am-8am I am not a day drinker but anyway...

I bought this on a whim thinking on Sundays if I wanted to make coffee after the normal coffer maker was drained.

This percolator made me the best cup of coffee I have had in 20 years. I used my same Peets French Roast but the strength and flavor was 1000% better (its obvious why) than a drip coffee maker. Also talk about finally a REAL HOT CUP of coffee compared to the drip! WOW.

I've used French press and a Moka pot but nothing compared to this $16.00 stove top unit! If anyone cares...!

View attachment 15648192
Adding to my wish list.

We have — well, had — two regular drip coffee makers, and we donated away the smaller 5-cup one to the Goodwill just this weekend. The other one is a big 12-cup pot that's really only worth it if family comes to visit. I like the idea of a smaller-serving moka pot or Aeropress, but I think we'd then need to switch to whole beans plus a grinder for a proper fine espresso grind.

How's the cleanup with this pot?

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
Adding to my wish list.

We have — well, had — two regular drip coffee makers, and we donated away the smaller 5-cup one to the Goodwill just this weekend. The other one is a big 12-cup pot that's really only worth it if family comes to visit. I like the idea of a smaller-serving moka pot or Aeropress, but I think we'd then need to switch to whole beans plus a grinder for a proper fine espresso grind.

How's the cleanup with this pot?
Really easy. The basket is on that spindle and you just lift it out and bang it into trash or whatever if you save grounds. Its hot if you do it immediately obviously.
No filters needed either...sick of drinking paper. Well worth $16...and if the power goes out we have a gas stove! The flavor difference out of this world...Damn Joe DiMaggio!!!

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Random OoO thought/tip....
I am a coffee FIEND. I crave it, I love it and can not live without it in the morning. 6am-8am I am not a day drinker but anyway...

I bought this on a whim thinking on Sundays if I wanted to make coffee after the normal coffer maker was drained.

This percolator made me the best cup of coffee I have had in 20 years. I used my same Peets French Roast but the strength and flavor was 1000% better (its obvious why) than a drip coffee maker. Also talk about finally a REAL HOT CUP of coffee compared to the drip! WOW.

I've used French press and a Moka pot but nothing compared to this $16.00 stove top unit! If anyone cares...!

View attachment 15648192
It’s bro-to-bro tips like this that make OoO a great and useful place.

Thanks Mick!

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
20,727 Posts
Really easy. The basket is on that spindle and you just lift it out and bang it into trash or whatever if you save grounds. Its hot if you do it immediately obviously.
No filters needed either...sick of drinking paper. Well worth $16...and if the power goes out we have a gas stove! The flavor difference out of this world...Damn Joe DiMaggio!!!

View attachment 15648385 View attachment 15648386 View attachment 15648388
Are the basket holes small enough to keep grounds out of the bottom? And/or, is it intended to be used with a coarse grind?

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
Are the basket holes small enough to keep grounds out of the bottom? And/or, is it intended to be used with a coarse grind?
Yes sir...I had no grounds and it was with Peet's pre ground but I'm sure I could ground courser if I wanted. Sometimes we buy whole beans but I am generally lazy. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
All those Panerai pics from yesterday! ... back on the leather strap! Can’t get over how comfortable this is (and a perfect color match) bro Al!

Background for my fellow green tea drinkers!

·
Premium Member
25,200 Posts
Bro 59's been away for 3 days...hope everything is a-okay.
I checked his profile which showed he accessed WUS yesterday. Not sure if that was to respond to PMs or just to check up on us.

Yeah, I was a little worried that his last post was 3 days ago but I think he last said that he was out of bed so I hope that he is just resting now and too busy to be on WUS.

I am sure he will be back.

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
Random request for our French OoO speakers...

Ordered something from France and this postcard was in it!

So what does it say...!? Thanks!!
If it’s a map to a very treasure… I guess I’m in trouble LOL.

·
Premium Member
15,749 Posts
A non-football and non-Jenna post...

Reactions: BarracksSi

·
Premium Member
15,749 Posts
Random request for our French OoO speakers...

Ordered something from France and this postcard was in it!

So what does it say...!?

You may want to post this on that other thread...

Reactions: Betterthere
48381 - 48400 of 49882 Posts