WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

60401 - 60420 of 62234 Posts

·
Registered
15,222 Posts
LOL. He didn’t impose his beliefs on you. Why didn’t you join him?
The clear message was that he would happily compromise his principles for $$$$$$.

Everyone else in the exec team was expected to buy a Prius and go to church with him, and they did. (Many of them complained behind his back)

Greek Orthodox and Hillside are hardly complementary, and I certainly wasn’t buying a Prius.

I had a photo of my XR-8 in the company garage surrounded by Prius’s, (Prii?), and was pressured by others to “play ball”, and “set an example” for the other staff, but I wasn’t prepared to pretend.

Eventually, I just delivered the contract outcomes early, got paid out and left...

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
The clear message was that he would happily compromise his principles for $$$$$$.

Everyone else in the exec team was expected to buy a Prius and go to church with him, and they did. (Many of them complained behind his back)

Greek Orthodox and Hillside are hardly complementary, and I certainly wasn’t buying a Prius.

I had a photo of my XR-8 in the company garage surrounded by Prius’s, (Prii?), and was pressured by others to “play ball”, and “set an example” for the other staff, but I wasn’t prepared to pretend.

Eventually, I just delivered the contract outcomes early, got paid out and left...

with all the car and watch metaphors, i daresay that the apple watch is the prius of watches. :) or is it the tesla?

·
Premium Member
12,396 Posts

Glad you didn’t play ball.

·
Premium Member
28,662 Posts
Come on Sap, be reasonable.

She was very convincing in the cake scene. I was transfixed by her prowess.

Oh yeah, Gary Busey and Tommy Lee Jones play bad guys and their over acting is probably a secondary comic[/] highlight...

If I recall correctly, she acted in the movie Chasers as well. That was another soft Playboy centre spread type movie.

·
Premium Member
28,662 Posts

Hillside? Or you meant Hillsongs?

·
Premium Member
12,604 Posts
Only problem I have with omega is they don’t do thin movements. Watches don’t sit flat. They just make a fat caseback to cover the movement instead. Same issue why I can’t do the bronze BB. Thick slab sides and the caseback still protrudes past the sides.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter
The modern co-axial is thinner than the new Rolex 32xx (5.5 mm vs 6.7mm), so there must another reason why Omegas are thicker than e.g. many Rolexes. However, to partly compensate/hide the thickness their cases have more angles and brushing/polishing.

My Marathon at 14mm sits much taller than my PO at 16 mm.

LOoOser in the Brotherhood

·
Premium Member
12,604 Posts
Only problem I have with omega is they don’t do thin movements. Watches don’t sit flat. They just make a fat caseback to cover the movement instead. Same issue why I can’t do the bronze BB. Thick slab sides and the caseback still protrudes past the sides.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter
I’ve moved on but when PurpleHaz bought his BB Bronze I almost ordered one.

LOoOser in the Brotherhood

60401 - 60420 of 62234 Posts