WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

60421 - 60440 of 62234 Posts

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
Checkout Federicos latest video on the new Rolex releases....great viewing.

Think he might be a bit disappointed 😂

·
Registered
15,222 Posts
with all the car and watch metaphors, i daresay that the apple watch is the prius of watches. :) or is it the tesla?
I wasn't using metaphors, but the effect of the Apple watch on the industry is likely to be different and much more pronounced than the effect of Tesla on the car industry.

In real terms, although Tesla definitely has influenced the industry, and cannibalised some sales, volume and turnover is miniscule compared to the large established manufacturers, who are poised to target the same segment very soon with resources that suggest serious potential repercussions for Tesla if they don't grow market share even more rapidly to shire up their position.

Apple, on the other hand, has already dwarfed the turnover of every single watch company, although most indicators suggest they are doing this mostly in a totally new category, selling to mostly non-traditional watch buyers, or as an additional sale, rather than a direct replacement, so they have actually grown the entire market size significantly...

SoOoO many watches, SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
I wasn't using metaphors, but the effect of the Apple watch on the industry is likely to be different and much more pronounced than the effect of Tesla on the car industry.

In real terms, although Tesla definitely has influenced the industry, and cannibalised some sales, volume and turnover is miniscule compared to the large established manufacturers, who are poised to target the same segment very soon with resources that suggest serious potential repercussions for Tesla if they don't grow market share even more rapidly to shire up their position.

Apple, on the other hand, has already dwarfed the turnover of every single watch company, although most indicators suggest they are doing this mostly in a totally new category, selling to mostly non-traditional watch buyers, or as an additional sale, rather than a direct replacement, so they have actually grown the entire market size significantly...

And the new Tesla lorry is pretty cool....and fast.

·
Registered
15,222 Posts
Fitbit is more like the Prius.
Agree.

We have yet to see the high volume, low priced, infrastructure supported EV, that will dominate the vehicle industry in the same way.

My money is on it coming from VW group, or one of the Chinese manufacturers who are already delivering massive volumes in their home market...

·
Registered
15,222 Posts
Hillside? Or you meant Hillsongs?
You say Hillsong, I say Hillside. :)

No offence intended to their followers, and I make no judgement on the church itself, as I know very little about them.

All I know is that I was quite happy to make my own decisions, and wasn't interested in pursuing it, so it's very likely you are correct and I have the name wrong...

·
Registered
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Interesting reading a few well known sites on the new Exp II. Hodinkee and ABTW both glowing in their praise of the changes made. WTF? Clowns. This confirms those 2 ain’t worth a pinch of schitt.

Gear Patrol called out that they missed an opportunity to reduce to 40mm and lose maxi dial. Good to see some sites have an actual opinion.

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
Undoubtedly self driving vehicles are the future of the logistics industry, and this is an area where ROI really matters, so would be smart to target and invest heavily here...

I might get one...purely as a conversation starter when I turn up at a friends BBQ obviously.

Reactions: Black5

·
Premium Member
28,662 Posts
Dont know that one...

Either way, she still looks hot now.

60421 - 60440 of 62234 Posts