WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

63241 - 63260 of 63430 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
Got another musician friend from back in the day who's getting beat up by covid. Three weeks so far suffering clotting and lapses of unconsciousness, and they're talking about intubating and moving to critical care. Don't know any other details, don't want to ask. Great guy.
Sorry to hear that news and hope he turns the corner soon.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Got another musician friend from back in the day who's getting beat up by covid. Three weeks so far suffering clotting and lapses of unconsciousness, and they're talking about intubating and moving to critical care. Don't know any other details, don't want to ask. Great guy.
Not good. Sorry to hear this. Hope things change for him quick.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I'm blaming Mav for all this. If it wasn't for his danged picture...
The VC has actually due. Been getting a lot of hype from YouTube watch enthusiasts along with ALS. Not sure if it will since VC and ALS are not superstar hyped online. At least not yet.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter

·
Premium Member
17,145 Posts
which picture? Am curious. If it were bro dick’s picture, i would understand. Not that bro mav is less of a photographer. Oh well, i think even bro mav would agree that bro dick is the better photographer. :)
@mav will have to repost. Don't have it...

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,003 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. Not sure if it’s the age class or life style of musicians but you seem to have many friends hit hard by Covid.
Oh no.

Your friends seem to be particularly susceptible.

Hope he comes through ok...
He's a drummer, and I've been told that it may have been passed during a private lesson.

I'm not even going to guess anything beyond that much. It's been fifteen months.
GF

So many of my friends came from music. School bands, drum corps, and eventually my job. Back in school, I didn't hang out with kids from, say, trigonometry class nearly as much as I hung out with friends I made in band. In drum corps, we'd spend three months on the road, living out of coach buses and getting to know each other like best friends. Work hard together, fail together, and eventually succeed together — it doesn't matter how great you played until the rest of the corps also has a great show.

Same with my parents. They've been playing as a hobby almost nonstop since they were kids, so a lot of our family friends also play music. So it's almost by default that many of the friends I've got have musical backgrounds.

But, very few of them still actively play anymore, too. (though I believe that there's never an "ex-musician" — we just take extended breaks) Everyone goes on different tracks like regular people do. Off the top of my head, among the ones who've gotten sick this year, there's a range of jobs: working drummer; bank teller; restaurant worker; corporate office worker; website developer; working musician and his wife.

That last couple — he's at my old job, and if I hadn't taken early retirement, odds are I would have also caught it the same day that he did. It happened almost entirely because of irresponsibility among his higher-ups, and I can tell you that I would have been absolutely incensed if it affected me and MrsBS.

Anyway, starting to ramble again... gotta get back to work and push some stuff to dev.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
Not at all. They're seeing stronger demand elsewhere, so no soup for you.
No soup for me either. Oh well I suppose I’d pay gray if I wanted a 124060 badly enough which I really don’t. I fully understand Sporty’s position on the matter although he and I must agree to disagree on the principle of market value vs. intrinsic value.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
I think I've already mentioned that Vacheron has stopped taking orders for their blue Overseas but it's gotten even worse.

I just found out that Vacheron is cancelling all previous orders for any blue Overseas, whether they be the 3-handers or the Dual Time. Doesn't matter if you put down a deposit or not. They'll give your your effing money back.

This shall not stand!
It’s just a watch and nothing more. Just like the 124060 SubC

·
Premium Member
12,812 Posts
I think I've already mentioned that Vacheron has stopped taking orders for their blue Overseas but it's gotten even worse.

I just found out that Vacheron is cancelling all previous orders for any blue Overseas, whether they be the 3-handers or the Dual Time. Doesn't matter if you put down a deposit or not. They'll give your your effing money back.

This shall not stand!
I assume you are now baking cookies? ;)

63241 - 63260 of 63430 Posts