WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

11001 - 11020 of 12391 Posts

·
Registered
29,360 Posts
Actually lighting it right makes some difference. All you need is two phones. One acting as a light source with the flashlight turned on, the other phone taking the photo itself.

Here's what I do in a pinch - place a piece of paper towel in front of the phone's flashlight to act as a diffuser, light the subject at around 45° (as a starting point, experiment with the angle) at the subject, then photograph with the other phone. Altering the distance between the paper towel and the flashlight changes the effect as well.

You'd be surprised how different the photo could look with diffused, angled lighting.

Here's a sample, I used three phones here - two acting as light sources to illuminate the front and the back the the photo subject, and one for taking the photo.
That was taken on a phone??

Brother of OoO

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
I am an automotive photographer so my vote is taking photos of cars. Try light painting.
That must be an interesting and difficult job, especially with all the reflective parts on a car, including the paint. I once sent a car for a photoshoot in a studio in Detroit that does the photo work for GM, the results were amazing, I had never seen such a well done job, the car had a mirror like finished paint, a lot of curvatures, and not a single parasite reflection in the pictures; it was all done in a studio, but still, that must have been really difficult to achieve

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
Actually lighting it right makes some difference. All you need is two phones. One acting as a light source with the flashlight turned on, the other phone taking the photo itself.

Here's what I do in a pinch - place a piece of paper towel in front of the phone's flashlight to act as a diffuser, light the subject at around 45° (as a starting point, experiment with the angle) at the subject, then photograph with the other phone. Altering the distance between the paper towel and the flashlight changes the effect as well.

You'd be surprised how different the photo could look with diffused, angled lighting.

Here's a sample, I used three phones here - two acting as light sources to illuminate the front and the back the the photo subject, and one for taking the photo.
So, I have the choice between getting a second camera, or two new phones 🤔

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
So, I have the choice between getting a second camera, or two new phones
Hahahahaha...

Alternatively, use a desk lamp to substitute for lighting. Works equally well, if not better. If you have a desk lamp with a gooseneck it'd be perfect. It gives you the added versatility of pointing the light in whatever direction you desire.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
That must be an interesting and difficult job, especially with all the reflective parts on a car, including the paint. I once sent a car for a photoshoot in a studio in Detroit that does the photo work for GM, the results were amazing, I had never seen such a well done job, the car had a mirror like finished paint, a lot of curvatures, and not a single parasite reflection in the pictures; it was all done in a studio, but still, that must have been really difficult to achieve
Cars are notoriously difficult to light. The sheer size and the reflections means a huge space is usually required. Warehouses works best as the lighting is still controllable (as opposed to out in the open) whilst providing the needed space.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Are we talking about a matchbox sized car or a big mf car. If the latter I imagine the postman/women was surprised or did he/she get to drive it to the photoshoot ;)

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Update on the Barton watch straps that I ordered in April.

On 16 April (received by carrier), 26 May (departed US), 28 May (departed Brussels), 16 June (arrived Stockholm). Distance between Stockholm and Uppsala is about 60 km, yet still no sight of my straps. This has got to be a CV19 shipping record!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Worse news tonight. It's going to be over. Pain doesn't seem to be issue but he couldn't walk tonight. I had hernia OP last year and I'm picking up Bo at 70 lbs taking him off porch. Sit him down and he can't get hips going. He pees and then I pick him back up and put him on porch. After Mrs BT and I finish crying, we have to admit it's not a life.
Mate, i dont know what to say.. Take care mate. Maybe its time for Bo to go.

·
Registered
29,360 Posts
This is just begging the question PF :p

But I can well imagine how nice those photos would have been.

Brother of OoO

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
For the Swedish, Aussie, US viking

For others, a group at Karolinska has found a higher number of persons with CV19 specific T-cells than with antibodies (30% higher).

11001 - 11020 of 12391 Posts