WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

17141 - 17160 of 21442 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Hope you like that 574.
You ever internet stalk your used watch’s original owner? I mean who knows what soaked in that strap right? I was a bit let down. Just a real estate developer in orlando. Boring. Lol

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter
Hmm, that’s kind of a gross thought. Maybe that’s why I haven’t tried to find out. Most have come from reputable resellers, David SW, C&C, etc though I find it interesting how even the most reputable sellers seem to conveniently never even know the service history on their watches. Most have arrived looking pretty clean though, no strange DNA!

·
Premium Member
25,053 Posts
I’ve run into celebrities from time to time throughout my lifetime. Treated them like everyone else; so no problem. Better arc as they are not really that different from the rest of us although there are a few exceptions.
Never cared much. Bob Hope in 1979 checking out of the fountainbleu in Miami fixed any interest I might have had.

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
1000 BIG LIKES! The melting pot philosophy that makes this country great has been sadly forgotten in recent times. I hope we will eventually get back to recognizing that our diversity is what makes us great.

Just look no further than this very thread for proof of that. Multiple people from different backgrounds, ethnicities, states, counties connecting over our shared interest of one brand. Pretty cool.
Yep even OoOoO is a melting pot where a bunch of diverse weirdos actually get along 99.999% of the time. I don’t see the US as currently having systemic racism but too many really obnoxious racist individuals. I have a pretty accurate knowledge of what is the root cause of our current unrest but will say no more as political and religious discussions are verboten here which is the way it should be.

Now back to watches ...

·
Registered
18,378 Posts
What has made the US of A unique is some of us are African Americans, Asian Americans, Cuban Americans, Euro Americans, etc., but we are all AMERICANS; that is to say we are all one culture. Unfortunately these days far too many people are disregarding that paradigm and drifting into identity politics that is incredibly divisive.
I think it's funny when someone asks me what "American food" is, and I can't think of anything specific. Go to TGI Friday's, which is as "American" as you can get, and you'll find anything from Northern European to Central American and maybe some East Asian ("Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls"?).

Some of my favorite experiences in DC have been when they have these big multicultural festivals downtown. Little bit of everything from all over the world, making this country more interesting.

·
Premium Member
25,053 Posts
I think it's funny when someone asks me what "American food" is, and I can't think of anything specific. Go to TGI Friday's, which is as "American" as you can get, and you'll find anything from Northern European to Central American and maybe some East Asian ("Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls"?).

Some of my favorite experiences in DC have been when they have these big multicultural festivals downtown. Little bit of everything from all over the world, making this country more interesting.
I can easily tell you what southern American food is/was. I grew up on it and so did everyone else black and white.

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Hope you like that 574.
You ever internet stalk your used watch’s original owner? I mean who knows what soaked in that strap right? I was a bit let down. Just a real estate developer in orlando. Boring. Lol

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter
You reminded me of when I posted on a thread about someone wanting to buy a birth year Rolex for his son as a gift for his eighteen birthday, and everybody was encouraging him and talking about the birth year watches they bought. In my post I asked what about if the birth year watch he bought was worn by a killer committing a crime wearing that watch while his son was being born, would it be a good gift? needless to say, no one appreciated my post, and some guy replied that I was a negative person, and there was no reason to imagine anything other than idyllic associated with a birth year watch; some people just can't deal with anything outside the realm of their fantasies

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
I wish I had appreciated southern cooking more when I lived in Alabama.

LOoOser in the brotherhood
Like southern smothered steak with the toughest cuts of beef hammered to smithereens to tenderize and then ladled with gravy to mask the bland taste of the meat. Often served by restaurants in S Georgia as Yankees from NY and NJ passed through Georgia on their way to Florida.

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
You reminded me of when I posted on a thread about someone wanting to buy a birth year Rolex for his son as a gift for his eighteen birthday, and everybody was encouraging him and talking about the birth year watches they bought. In my post I asked what about if the birth year watch he bought was worn by a killer committing a crime wearing that watch while his son was being born, would it be a good gift? needless to say, no one appreciated my post, and some guy replied that I was a negative person, and there was no reason to imagine anything other than idyllic associated with a birth year watch; some people just can't deal with anything outside the realm of their fantasies
Surprising number of WUS’ers have no sense of humor. And a number of those who do gravitate to OoO.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
At the very least if buying Pre-owed directly from the owner, we should be asking if they are right or left handed and which hand do they wear the watch on...

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
This is within my realm of fantasies.

Others admitted as necessary...

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
American food:
Hamburger
Chicken wings
Ribs
Barbeque

Hot dogs
Clam chowder