WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

17161 - 17180 of 21441 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I kinda locked up only once trying to meet a celeb. Walked up on the Undertaker and Kane in a strip club on bourbon street. That was two massive and intimidating characters. The guy who went by Kane was a pretty nice guy that didn’t mind meeting fans. Undertaker stayed in character and wasn’t gonna be interrupted. Really intimidated guy. There was literally about 10 plate lunches on their table.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter
Cool, i used to watch all the WWF when i was a kid and Undertaker was one of the favs. He still is , though i dont watch the show anymore.

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
Personally because my Dad was half-Cuban and I grew up here in the US, I'm far more "americanized" whatever that means and my personality is more aligned with the Hispanic culture than the Asian part of me. Mrs Mav and my close friends always makes fun of me saying that I only look Chinese, but I'm actually a raging Cuban inside. :LOL:
Exactly. It’s what’s inside that counts.

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
Side story about the Hulk...

Some of you might remember the old Hulk TV show from the 70's or 80's. Anyways, I used watch the show with my Dad and I would run and hide every time Banner turned into the Hulk. I was TERRIFIED. I even would have this weird recurring nightmare of the Hulk chasing me around the house and wake up just as he's about to grab me.

Last year I saw Lou Ferrigno randomly here, walking towards me. I was scared $hitless! All I could see was the Hulk, like the pic below. I turned around and ran inside a store to avoid him. :LOL:

Did you wear brown pants?

People can’t see if you have crapped in your pants if it was brown.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Hmm, that’s kind of a gross thought. Maybe that’s why I haven’t tried to find out. Most have come from reputable resellers, David SW, C&C, etc though I find it interesting how even the most reputable sellers seem to conveniently never even know the service history on their watches. Most have arrived looking pretty clean though, no strange DNA!
Lol. Sweat in a leather band is forever. I was looking thru the manuals that came with the watch and original owners name was on the paperwork. Had to check. Could have been Epstein’s watch or something with some bad Ju Ju attached to it. Can never be too careful.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
Chances are you may get that Hulk after all, I noticed that since the pandemic, many people on WUS unexpectedly received "the call", even though they weren't regular customers, so I guess that with the current economic situation, a lot of people, especially the occasional "investors" are backing off. If you end up buying the PAM, make it clear to them that you'll pick the Hulk the minute they receive it
I am hoping that is the same for Australia too but I doubt so as my AD’s stock is totally dwindled down to empty shelves.

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
A box infused with cigarette smoke would make me throw it out. We got rid of a whole lot of stuff after six months in an apartment where neighbors smoked (and not just cigarettes).
One of my friends in a lunch group was a lifetime smoker until one of the other guys in our group said “Mel you stink.” Mel got really angry but thought about what he was told and never smoked again after that. To this day I am able to guesstimate how many packs per day one of my patients smokes by the degree of stink. Without question cigarettes are one of the worst health hazards ever devised by mankind.

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
What has made the US of A unique is some of us are African Americans, Asian Americans, Cuban Americans, Euro Americans, etc., but we are all AMERICANS; that is to say we are all one culture. Unfortunately these days far too many people are disregarding that paradigm and drifting into identity politics that is incredibly divisive.
^^^ quadruple likes you get

Having diversity gives us depth in our culture and standing as one nation with arms interlocking gives us strength as a country.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
You reminded me of when I posted on a thread about someone wanting to buy a birth year Rolex for his son as a gift for his eighteen birthday, and everybody was encouraging him and talking about the birth year watches they bought. In my post I asked what about if the birth year watch he bought was worn by a killer committing a crime wearing that watch while his son was being born, would it be a good gift? needless to say, no one appreciated my post, and some guy replied that I was a negative person, and there was no reason to imagine anything other than idyllic associated with a birth year watch; some people just can't deal with anything outside the realm of their fantasies
NRA
This is the reason we all end up in this single thread.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
LOL I would hate to be famous. Some go nuts over seeing famous people. I just treat them like normal, everyday people.
That’s because you see them in LA a lot. Some movie stars are moving to the eastern seaboard of Australia since Chris Hemsworth bought a house there. It is big news if some American movie star is spotted in the streets.

·
Premium Member
20,101 Posts
1000 BIG LIKES! The melting pot philosophy that makes this country great has been sadly forgotten in recent times. I hope we will eventually get back to recognizing that our diversity is what makes us great.

Just look no further than this very thread for proof of that. Multiple people from different backgrounds, ethnicities, states, counties connecting over our shared interest of one brand. Pretty cool.

I said the same thing too.

Never read ahead.

17161 - 17180 of 21441 Posts