WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Speedmaster Pro, Stowa Marine 36 KS, Sinn 104
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the story with the Stowa book? Having watched dozens of Youtube unboxings I was expecting the book to come with my new watch, but the huge cardboard box my watch came in was completely empty (apart from the watch, obviously). I did even request the book via the request form on their site but that didn't work either.

Have they stopped distribution of the book or was I just unlucky? I would have preferred the book over that discount voucher which expires after 4 weeks (who buys another watch before the honeymoon with their last watch is over?).

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Yes, Stowa used to ship all of their watches with a Stowa book. My first watch from them in Dec 2018 came with one but my second did not come with one in June 2020. I believe its cause they haven't resumed printing them yet given the times.

In April 2020 they revised their book. (Minute changes like price amongst other small things. There may be other new sections or something I missed, I haven't compared them in depth. These are just the changes I've noticed.) When they made this change they decided to stop sending their book. This is temporary and is due to the high investment to have the book printed. ("We have now decided to replace the printed book with an online book - at the moment possibly better for the time being." -Direct quote from Stowa email) They say they will resume printing in the future when possible. My guess is mid 2021. Since you requested one they may automatically send you one once they print again. Just a guess.

Personally I don't care for online reads, but I have used their Online book in the past and it's actually quite a good experience. But I'm with you, I would have loved to have been able to get the revised version with my second watch...but it is what it is.

·
Registered
Omega Speedmaster Pro, Stowa Marine 36 KS, Sinn 104
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, that’s too bad. Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Same! I felt the Stowa box was a bit empty too... massive cardboard box with only the watch, guarantee, and receipt.

I asked them for the book the other day. They replied yesterday with

''At the moment we have no printed STOWA book. As soon as we will get it again we will ship you one. You can also download our Online STOWA book.''

1 - 4 of 4 Posts