WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I haven't measured them all, but most are quite chunky. Most of mine are over 12, and I think my thickest is 14.something. It's not one of the specs that have a large contribution to how much I like a watch, but I have an upper limit. Not sure what it is yet, but maybe around 16mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to be very rigid with thickness (only under 12mm) but I find that it really depends on the case design. My opinion now is that thickness is fine as long as it’s not slab-sided. I have a 14.5mm that I think looks really cool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That Cartier is very interesting. Useful design as a stand-up for table/mantle use.
Thanks for the recognition. Lots don't understand the watch and even it's close relationship with Jaeger-LeCoultre. Here's an article of many that really explains the Basculante.

Reactions: happyscrappyheropup

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
My thickest, Breitling Avenger Seawolf at 18

My thinnest, Grand Seiko sbgv223 at 10

Actually my Mudmaster is thicker at 19.3, but all G Shocks are thick and padded, so I don't really count it in the mix.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some folks like 'em thick and some folks like 'em thin. Some roll both ways.
My daily wear Seiko divers are pretty chonky, Tunas or divers. But I also own Seikos that are dressy or casual that are more svelte.
And sometimes, a man just feels the need to switch it up. Here are the extremes of my collection.
Let's see yours!

Prospex LX SNR029 - 44mm x 15.8mm, titanium

View attachment 15504155

SGG705 - 37mm x 8.4mm, titanium

View attachment 15504159
that SGG705 Seiko is awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some folks like 'em thick and some folks like 'em thin. Some roll both ways.
My daily wear Seiko divers are pretty chonky, Tunas or divers. But I also own Seikos that are dressy or casual that are more svelte.
And sometimes, a man just feels the need to switch it up. Here are the extremes of my collection.
Let's see yours!

Prospex LX SNR029 - 44mm x 15.8mm, titanium

View attachment 15504155

SGG705 - 37mm x 8.4mm, titanium

View attachment 15504159
Prospex LX SNR029 looks amazing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can't say I ever really cared how thick or thin a watch is. "I'll know it when I see it" There are a few that I noted were too thick though, like a PO 44mm I tried on - even though it was in proportion it felt weird. Others are too thick for their size, like the SBGE253 where the thickness is just too much on a 40mm watch.

·
Registered
192 Posts
For practicality I like lite and thin watches but for pleasure I prefer heavy and thick. This bronze Timemachinist is my favorite big block timepiece.

57mm wide x 30mm thick

400 grams on leather

View attachment 15504440
View attachment 15504456

With my thinnest. Seiko SKX 007.

View attachment 15504611
I'm kinda surprised no one else has noticed or asked, but what is the bracelet on the SKX? it look like a solid brass or bronze wrist cuff that hooks into the 12 o'clock spring bar to fasten around the wrist. I'm very interested.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I'm kinda surprised no one else has noticed or asked, but what is the bracelet on the SKX? it look like a solid brass or bronze wrist cuff that hooks into the 12 o'clock spring bar to fasten around the wrist. I'm very interested.
The bracelet is homemade. I took apart a silver bracelet I bought in Mexico and made the watch bracelet and the money clip with the skulls and a strip of brass.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Recently bought a Tudor black bay, love everything about the watch but at almost 15mm I'm worried it's a bit too thick. But I prefer this colour scheme to any of the BB 58's

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
The bracelet is homemade. I took apart a silver bracelet I bought in Mexico and made the watch bracelet and the money clip with the skulls and a strip of brass.

View attachment 15508026

View attachment 15508031 View attachment 15508040
Bravo to you!!! the craftsmanship and artistry is beautiful. I love the warmth of the brass. that Timemachinist is out of this world. while I cannot see myself wearing it I think it would make an amazing addition to the collection as a conversation piece. The bracelet on that monster is also a work of art and I appreciate that it's bulk matches that of the watch.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts