When I returned from Baselworld last year, the most frequent question I got asked was which is the most exciting brand right now. This was a an easy answer for me—it's Bulgari .  This may seem shocking to someone who knows Bulgari as a fashion brand only.  The brand made a large investment in manufacturing watches, developing its identity with Octo series , and finally excelling at bold designs combined with slim cases and complications.  In fact, I had gone a step further by stating that Bulgari could be the future Audemars Piguet—making an iconic gentlemen's watch like the Royal Oak .

The Octo Finissimo Automatic is the slimmest ultra-thin automatic watch right now. The 40mm sandblasted titanium case is just 5.15mm thick, and the automatic movement with a platinum micro-rotor is mere 2.23mm thick. Bulgari has developed a new in- house movement BVL 138 which beats at a frequency of 21,600 vibrations per hour and has a 60-hour power reserve. The watch is water- resistant to 30 metres.

Octo Finnisimo Automatic is available in Titanium bracelet with folding clasp or black alligator leather with titanium pin buckle.  The retail price is CHF 11,900 on leather strap.