WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 583 Posts

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
22,122 Posts
Where is this YouTuber located? Could someone in the watch community offer to go ship stuff back as a good Samaritan act?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Based on reading the email chain, I do think you will eventually get your watch back. The fact that he is still replying is a good sign and he has not gone totally radio silent on you. The bad news is, he is taking his sweet time. He seems like the kind of guy, the more you press him the longer he will take to return on purpose.
The more you press someone, the longer they take to return something that isn’t theres? Doesn’t make much sense. Someone who isn’t ethical can reply all they want, it might be their way of stalling instead of just completely ghosting. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
741 Posts
The more you press someone, the longer they take to return something that isn’t theres? Doesn’t make much sense. Someone who isn’t ethical can reply all they want, it might be their way of stalling instead of just completely ghosting. Just my thoughts
I totally agree with you, he is wrong 100 percent. Time will only tell, I hope the guy gets his watch back. My observation from watching a couple of his videos is that he seems rather pompous, and probably does not like being told what to do. No excuse for not returning the watch. I just cant see him converting the watch knowing the negative consequences that are already beginning happen. I am not familiar with the "Bogart watch," what's the aprox value we are talking about?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, Oisin kind of got lost up his own arse when he started to get some recognition in the watch world.

He never struck me as a particularly genuine person and I don't think he's all that interested in watches...
I guess you could say the same about 99% of (watch) Youtubers. Pretending to be cool, sophisticated and cultured, as if their interest in watches would make them that. If you strip away the appearances it mostly boils down to the same thing, they’re a bunch of attention seeking whores getting off on the sound of their own voice, thinking others do too.

If I need info about watches I like to go to Watchbox or Watchfinder where the content is 100% about the watches. Not a channel on which I have to constantly look at some ugly schmuck telling me about his clothes and lifestyle.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jody (Just One More Watch), Adrian (Bark & Jack) and watch restoration channels. After following every single one of the most "known" YT watch channels, these are the ones I follow nowadays. The other ones are all kind of douchy.
I do get turned off quickly though, could be one sentence. Adrian said in his Moonswatch video that the disposable nature of a watch is to be expected at $259. I thought that was a snobbish remark as there are an unlimited amount of great value watches to be had for that (and less) that can last a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I guess you could say the same about 99% of (watch) Youtubers. Pretending to be cool, sophisticated and cultured, as if their interest in watches would make them that. If you strip away the appearances it mostly boils down to the same thing, they’re a bunch of attention seeking whores getting off on the sound of their own voice, thinking others do too.

If I need info about watches I like to go to Watchbox or Watchfinder where the content is 100% about the watches. Not a channel on which I have to constantly look at some ugly schmuck telling me about his clothes and lifestyle.
I don't think it's just watch YouTubers. To start your own channel where you're in focus, you pretty much tell yourself and everyone else that you should have your own TV-show.

I mean, who does that‽

Takes a certain kind of narcissism to elevate yourself to that level and apart from Archie, I wouldn't want to have a beer with any of them.

Much less consume their content...
The only Oisin video I saw was the one with the french prostitute who pronounced watch brand names correctly in Venice...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Some of his videos are very nice. Great shots, great music etc. In some its just him walking around and talking about watch stuff. Somehow I kinda liked some of these even though nothing really happens nor is he particularly witty

I assume he is a marketing genius for now

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I do get turned off quickly though, could be one sentence. Adrian said in his Moonswatch video that the disposable nature of a watch is to be expected at $259. I thought that was a snobbish remark as there are an unlimited amount of great value watches to be had for that (and less) that can last a lifetime.
I agree with you. It happens with him sometimes, but on average the guy tends to make sense. I'm also flawed, so...

On a related note: Oisin will be coming live on YouTube in about 4 hours. Will consider spamming the hell out of that chat asking about OP's situation.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I agree with you. It happens with him sometimes, but on average the guy tends to make sense. I'm also flawed, so...

On a related note: Oisin will be coming live on YouTube in about 4 hours. Will consider spamming the hell out of that chat asking about OP's situation.
Please do.

I'm looking forward to Tim Write's next live stream. This is the kind of drama that he thrives on, but he's planning a trip to visit Oisin in Venice, so he's probably torn between drama now or drama later.

Don't think he can have both unless he sides with O'Thief, which seems stupid at this juncture.

Not sure how Archie will handle this. It's good for the superchats, but at the same time, lots of archie fans likes Oisin.

I'm prepared with popcorn.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Please do.

I'm looking forward to Tim Write's next live stream. This is the kind of drama that he thrives on, but he's planning a trip to visit Oisin in Venice, so he's probably torn between drama now or drama later.

Don't think he can have both unless he sides with O'Thief, which seems stupid at this juncture.

Not sure how Archie will handle this. It's good for the superchats, but at the same time, lots of archie fans likes Oisin.

I'm prepared with popcorn.
I just can't take Tim and Archie anymore. So annoying.

41 - 60 of 583 Posts