WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from Rob at Topper and my Night Train will be here on Wednesday. I promise to pay careful attention to see if the lume intensifies after a day or two. I will also take lots of photos and most certainly annoy you all with my arcane reviews.

Hopefully, the NT will keep accurate time, look good on the wrist, and be the elusive black case watch that I have been seeking out.

I also ordered from About Time, The Trainmaster 60 second Lady. It is official. That will probably take a little longer to arrive as it will be coming from Ball.

And last but not least, I ordered another Wolf Winder as I am now down a winder. They made cosmetic changes in the line and right now there are some great deals available on the old models, literally half of retail if not less. Great price for a great winder.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I
Hopefully, the NT will keep accurate time, look good on the wrist, and be the elusive black case watch that I have been seeking out.
Hi Scott,

Congrats on getting the arrival ETA of your Night Train from Rob/Topper Jewelers...now the sweet anticipation begins! b-)

Congrats also on ordering your wife's Trainmaster Lady 60 Seconds! That's a beautiful watch and your wife is going to love it! :-!

Btw, you do know that the Night Train DLC case isn't really true black in color, right? Some owners have described it as "pewter-like" in color, while others(including yours truly) have described it as "gun metal-like".

Imho, it's better than true black in that it doesn't look it's "painted" on, like some black ion plated cases. I don't have it anymore, but here's a pic of the one I had(for all of 16 days!), to hopefully give you a good idea of how it looks irl--

;-)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx. I realize it is more of a gun metal color and that is great. The traditional all blacks weren't doing it for me.

I should have called it a BLC (Black Like Color) on the DLC;-)

I will be counting the minutes.

PS...Geoff, I don't remember. WHy did you part with the NT?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
PS...Geoff, I don't remember. WHy did you part with the NT?
Hi Scott,

I thought that my Night Train was an awesome watch, and I still do. It's great looking, very high quality, and those 63 tritium tubes just blows the peeps and the mind...

...but mine never quite sang to me, not like the way that my EMII Classic has, every day, since I first brought her home. I've determined that the Fireman style, as fabulous as it is, just isn't quite my type of watch. I've found that I tend to prefer watches with bezels, rotating or fixed(unless the crystal is nicely domed). The Engineer Master II line has a kind of bezel, which I really like. I guess it means that I prefer my watch to have a somewhat "built-up" look to it, if that makes any kind of sense. :roll:

While I had my Night Train for just a few days, I had an opportunity to try on(for the second time) a white dialed Mad Cow...and it sung to me. All I could think of was how I could manage to afford a Mad Cow, when my extremely meager watch fund had just been vaporized by the NT purchase.

Well, thanks to a bit of good luck and timing, as well as some help from Topper Jewelers(thanks, Rob! :-!), I was able to part with my NT and come home with a white dialed Mad Cow! The NT was a fabulous watch, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested...but I couldn't be happier with my Mad Cow. It continues to impress and sing to me...every day...just like my EMII Classic! My WIS soul is verrrrry content!

Hope that this kind of answers your question, Scott. ;-)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Geoff. It sounds like you found the watch of your dreams.

My problem is if I love the NT as I anticipate, I will have three watches of my dreams, 2 more of my dress clothes dreams, and many others that are of vintage ilk. Not too mention all of the great beaters. I love them all, but I really love Das Mond and my Anonimo, and I expect the NT to be right in there. My Freemont with the 2892, GMT and Power Reserve and the Nomos Ludwig are losing wrist time, and they are not happy.

My name is Scott, and I have a problem.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Geoff, my thoughts exactly on bezel styling. When i tried on the Trainmaster 60 secs, it looks sort of weird on my wrist (apart from the smaller 38mm case), the lack of a bezel makes it look plain. It really looks better in the pics somehow, especially when viewed at an angle rather than straight on.

Hi Scott,

I've determined that the Fireman style, as fabulous as it is, just isn't quite my type of watch. I've found that I tend to prefer watches with bezels, rotating or fixed(unless the crystal is nicely domed). The Engineer Master II line has a kind of bezel, which I really like. I guess it means that I prefer my watch to have a somewhat "built-up" look to it, if that makes any kind of sense. :roll:

While I had my Night Train for just a few days, I had an opportunity to try on(for the second time) a white dialed Mad Cow...and it sung to me. All I could think of was how I could manage to afford a Mad Cow, when my extremely meager watch fund had just been vaporized by the NT purchase.

Well, thanks to a bit of good luck and timing, as well as some help from Topper Jewelers(thanks, Rob! :-!), I was able to part with my NT and come home with a white dialed Mad Cow! The NT was a fabulous watch, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested...but I couldn't be happier with my Mad Cow. It continues to impress and sing to me...every day...just like my EMII Classic! My WIS soul is verrrrry content!

Hope that this kind of answers your question, Scott. ;-)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx "sys". I am trying to achieve that "Flying Saucer Look."

I hope I achieve it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I heard from Rob at Topper and my Night Train will be here on Wednesday. I promise to pay careful attention to see if the lume intensifies after a day or two. I will also take lots of photos and most certainly annoy you all with my arcane reviews.

I also ordered from About Time, The Trainmaster 60 second Lady. It is official. That will probably take a little longer to arrive as it will be coming from Ball.

And last but not least, I ordered another Wolf Winder as I am now down a winder. They made cosmetic changes in the line and right now there are some great deals available on the old models, literally half of retail if not less. Great price for a great winder.
Well done Scott|>|> I thought about getting the Nighttrain also, but the Moonphase won my heartb-)

Regards
Bob:thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well done Scott|>|> I thought about getting the Nighttrain also, but the Moonphase won my heartb-)

Regards
Bob,
You can read your reply bin two ways ...

1) You thought about both watches.

2) You are thinking of buying a Night Train also (Moonphase AND Night Train).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bob,
You can read your reply bin two ways ...

1) You thought about both watches.

2) You are thinking of buying a Night Train also (Moonphase AND Night Train).
Charles
I think what I meant to say was:

I was considering the Nighttrain, but changed my mind and bought the Moonphase instead.

Sorry for the confusion:-s. I work the night shift and am usually very tired when I get home.

Regards

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Thanx Geoff. It sounds like you found the watch of your dreams.

My problem is if I love the NT as I anticipate, I will have three watches of my dreams, 2 more of my dress clothes dreams, and many others that are of vintage ilk. Not too mention all of the great beaters. I love them all, but I really love Das Mond and my Anonimo, and I expect the NT to be right in there. My Freemont with the 2892, GMT and Power Reserve and the Nomos Ludwig are losing wrist time, and they are not happy.

My name is Scott, and I have a problem.
Hi Scott,

I don't know if I can say that my Mad Cow is the watch of my dreams...yet. I've only been in this hobby, actively, for about a year, and I continue to learn more about the many different makes and models out there. So it's very possible that another watch will surface that will take my breath away and become the watch. But, for now at least, the Mad Cow stirs my WIS soul and makes me very happy...and, like my EMII Classic, it's not going anywhere...no matter what. ;-)

I sympathize with your "problem". It's a problem that all of us here share, though in varying degrees. The only reason why my "problem" isn't a whole lot bigger, is because I simply can't afford to buy many nice watches. I guess being poorer than most here does have its advantages! :-d

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Geoff, my thoughts exactly on bezel styling. When i tried on the Trainmaster 60 secs, it looks sort of weird on my wrist (apart from the smaller 38mm case), the lack of a bezel makes it look plain. It really looks better in the pics somehow, especially when viewed at an angle rather than straight on.
Thanks, sys! :-!

The Ball models that don't have the bezel styling are still amazing watches...they're just not quite for me.

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this. ;-)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Geoff.

No worries, I am also quite poor by collecting standards:-s

I try to buy well, and I also think of the future when I buy as I hate selling watches to buy watches. I like accumulating:-!

So in essence, I work a part time to support my hobbies by doing web sites and programming for folks at a fair price and then I buy a watch each year usually:)

That said, I traded my Krieger Aficionado to make the NT affordable. I never wear the Krieger anymore so under those circumstances, I was willing to sell to buy.

Today is the day...the Night Train rolls in|>

Does anyone know if there is any specific meaning to "Night Train."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts